MozillaZine

Toolbar could be updated and fixed to allow more

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
taylor1277

Post Posted December 7th, 2017, 5:44 pm

room, maybe one more line. When adding extensions, it makes the address bar smaller and smaller, and you can not slide it back and forth to make the extension list smaller, and to allow enlargement of the address bar. and then you can't even add the search bar. I did try to customize the toolbar, I also tried to put my bookmark menu on the second line, along with extensions same thing. I want to be able to shrink down the extensions list because some extensions are just for printing, and other non-necessary things like Grammarly and others. So I would appreciate it if we could shrink down the extension list. If someone could pass it on, sure not everyone may need it, but I am sure there are others. Thank you.

smsmith

Post Posted December 7th, 2017, 8:18 pm

Right click the extension button you don't need direct access to on the toolbar all the time and choose "Add to overflow menu". A new button will appear that looks like this:
>>

When you click that button, the buttons you add to overflow will show in a drop down menu.

Add all the buttons you don't always need to there, and you should have more room for the address bar and search bar. You can even add stock Firefox buttons to the overflow menu.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.

the-edmeister

Post Posted December 7th, 2017, 8:47 pm

Beyond what smsmith mentioned about the Overflow ...

Taylor1277 wrote:printing, and other non-necessary things like Grammarly and others.

Are you aware that the Menu Bar can be used for Toolbar buttons?

"Hide" those that are unnecessary on the Menu Bar and when you want to access those buttons simply hit the Alt key to "reveal" the Menu Bat and those buttons. Or if you have the Menu Bar showing all the time, just place those unnecessary buttons there.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cu ... d-toolbars

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.

costark

Post Posted December 8th, 2017, 3:44 am

https://i.imgur.com/E34ytLr.jpg

Per Imgur Link above I have about 20 Bookmarks just in the Forums FOLDER + more Folders/bookmarks Via the OverFlow Arrows at Far Rt.
I live mostly thru this One Toolbar Line and Overflow section BUT can access the Menu Bar Bookmarks when needed.
Firefox 57.0.2(64) - Win 7-64 Hm Prem - Hm-Stdnt '10 Ofce - i5 8G - ESET EIS - MBAM Prem 3 - SuperAS Pro - Macrium Reflect 7 - Diskeeper Pro 15- EPIM Mail - Secunia PSI 3 - NO Java or Flash

the-edmeister

Post Posted December 8th, 2017, 4:01 am

costark wrote:https://i.imgur.com/E34ytLr.jpg

Per Imgur Link above I have about 20 Bookmarks just in the Forums FOLDER + more Folders/bookmarks Via the OverFlow Arrows at Far Rt.
I live mostly thru this One Toolbar Line and Overflow section BUT can access the Menu Bar Bookmarks when needed.

Clicking on the >>> doesn't work for you?
Works fine for me!

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.

costark

Post Posted December 8th, 2017, 4:14 am

the-edmeister wrote:
costark wrote:https://i.imgur.com/E34ytLr.jpg

Clicking on the >>> doesn't work for you?
Works fine for me!

Everything works fine.
As stated, Most of my "often-used" bookmarks are in my one Toolbar Line + OverFlow section I get to via the Far Rt >> Arrows.
Can't figure where you see a problem implied UNLESS you're reading the other guy's post in the Imgur JPG .... but I'm Cruisin' w/57.
Firefox 57.0.2(64) - Win 7-64 Hm Prem - Hm-Stdnt '10 Ofce - i5 8G - ESET EIS - MBAM Prem 3 - SuperAS Pro - Macrium Reflect 7 - Diskeeper Pro 15- EPIM Mail - Secunia PSI 3 - NO Java or Flash

LoveMyFoxy

Post Posted December 8th, 2017, 12:18 pm

You're hijacking his thread.
Desktop--Win 7 Ult. 64-bit, 6GB RAM /FF 52ESR 64/ Thunderbird 52 / MS Sec. Essent./ Windows firewall / Verizon FIOS

Return to Firefox Support