MozillaZine

FF54 Not Playing Videos. [Linux.]

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
robertdaleweir
 
Posts: 36
Joined: July 15th, 2007, 3:52 pm

Post Posted September 13th, 2017, 10:36 pm

Hi
I keep having this error showing up on certain sites. In this case it was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHqL7dNujNc I have taken a picture of the error but see no way to attach so I will attempt to use words. On a blackish background it says :
Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available.
Click here to visit our frequently asked questions about HTML 5 video
I am unsure why this happens on certain URLs. Can anyone help me with this issue?
Robert
Last edited by LIMPET235 on September 14th, 2017, 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added [Linux] to the title.

TheVisitor
 
Posts: 4454
Joined: May 13th, 2012, 10:43 am

Post Posted September 14th, 2017, 2:31 am

How to post screenshot: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Posting_a_scr ... _the_forum

You might also edit your post to reflect something like: FF54 Not Playing Videos (Linux)

Reflective

User avatar
 
Posts: 2259
Joined: February 15th, 2007, 11:13 am

Post Posted September 14th, 2017, 3:27 am

Try right clicking the video and then "Troubleshoot playback issue".

Also, check this youtube test page: https://www.youtube.com/html5

Frank Lion

User avatar
 
Posts: 19516
Joined: April 23rd, 2004, 6:59 pm
Location: ... The Exorcist....United Kingdom

Post Posted September 14th, 2017, 4:05 am

robertdaleweir wrote:... Click here to visit our frequently asked questions about HTML 5 video
I am unsure why this happens on certain URLs. Can anyone help me with this issue?
Robert

If you can see some YouTube HTML5 vids, but not others and get that message, then make sure that you don't have a Flash Player extension lurking around in the background...as it will produce that effect.
Metal Lion latest SeaMonkey & Thunderbird Themes - Sea Monkey and Silver Sea Monkey
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)

dickvl

User avatar
 
Posts: 52281
Joined: July 18th, 2005, 3:25 am

Post Posted September 14th, 2017, 7:22 pm

It is possible that you do not have support to play specific videos with the HTML5 media player.

You can check the Web Console for more detail.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Tools/Web_Console

robertdaleweir
 
Posts: 36
Joined: July 15th, 2007, 3:52 pm

Post Posted September 21st, 2017, 4:40 am

TheVisitor wrote:How to post screenshot: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Posting_a_scr ... _the_forum

You might also edit your post to reflect something like: FF54 Not Playing Videos (Linux)


Yes I should have been more specific, thanks :)

robertdaleweir
 
Posts: 36
Joined: July 15th, 2007, 3:52 pm

Post Posted September 21st, 2017, 4:44 am

Reflective wrote:Try right clicking the video and then "Troubleshoot playback issue".

Also, check this youtube test page: https://www.youtube.com/html5


I had actually looked at that page but was unsure how to interpret the items. Do all of the items have to be checked to allow playback?

robertdaleweir
 
Posts: 36
Joined: July 15th, 2007, 3:52 pm

Post Posted September 21st, 2017, 4:49 am

Frank Lion wrote:
robertdaleweir wrote:... Click here to visit our frequently asked questions about HTML 5 video
I am unsure why this happens on certain URLs. Can anyone help me with this issue?
Robert

If you can see some YouTube HTML5 vids, but not others and get that message, then make sure that you don't have a Flash Player extension lurking around in the background...as it will produce that effect.


I looked at the 'add-ons and 'extensions' and noticed I had a Flash Player one enabled. I disabled it and the Video played. Thanks and sorry I took so long to get back to all of the replies. I will mark this as solved.

robertdaleweir
 
Posts: 36
Joined: July 15th, 2007, 3:52 pm

Post Posted September 21st, 2017, 4:51 am

dickvl wrote:It is possible that you do not have support to play specific videos with the HTML5 media player.

You can check the Web Console for more detail.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Tools/Web_Console


I did have support to play HTML5 content and found a Flashplayer add-on that I have now disabled. Thanks for your reply.

Return to Firefox Support


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests