MozillaZine

Cumulative Update for 1903 6/11/19

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
TheVisitor
 
Posts: 4932
Joined: May 13th, 2012, 10:43 am

Post Posted June 11th, 2019, 4:03 pm

Ran into an issue after today's updates. The MMC was broken in the EventViewer , any attempt to filter logs etc crashed the Computer Management Console.

Ran Chkdsk and SFC but found nothing.

Removed the cumulative update for the 1903 build and it started working again. KB4503293

Anyone else see this and how does one report this to Microsoft without calling and going through all the hassle.

Mouse4
 
Posts: 544
Joined: December 27th, 2017, 4:03 am
Location: Australia

Post Posted June 11th, 2019, 4:36 pm

TheVisitor wrote:Ran into an issue after today's updates. The MMC was broken in the EventViewer , any attempt to filter logs etc crashed the Computer Management Console.

Ran Chkdsk and SFC but found nothing.

Removed the cumulative update for the 1903 build and it started working again. KB4503293

Anyone else see this and how does one report this to Microsoft without calling and going through all the hassle.

i still aint been offered it, but i did get 1809 updates . all my drivers etc are up to date also
Windows 10 version 1809: 47 vulnerabilities of which 3 are critical and 44 are important

same as 1903

https://www.ghacks.net/2019/06/11/micro ... -overview/
Last edited by Mouse4 on June 11th, 2019, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

malliz
Folder@Home

User avatar
 
Posts: 43749
Joined: December 7th, 2002, 4:34 am
Location: Australia

Post Posted June 11th, 2019, 4:39 pm

@TheVisitor
You do you have feedback hub installed?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/hel ... edback-hub
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"

TheVisitor
 
Posts: 4932
Joined: May 13th, 2012, 10:43 am

Post Posted June 11th, 2019, 5:00 pm

malliz wrote:@TheVisitor
You do you have feedback hub installed?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/hel ... edback-hub


Well the link says its built in so will give it a shot, thanks Malliz

Mouse4
 
Posts: 544
Joined: December 27th, 2017, 4:03 am
Location: Australia

Post Posted June 11th, 2019, 5:11 pm

TheVisitor wrote:
malliz wrote:@TheVisitor
You do you have feedback hub installed?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/hel ... edback-hub


Well the link says its built in so will give it a shot, thanks Malliz

f you have Windows 10, Feedback Hub is built right in. To find it, select the Start button, then select Feedback Hub

malliz
Folder@Home

User avatar
 
Posts: 43749
Joined: December 7th, 2002, 4:34 am
Location: Australia

Post Posted June 11th, 2019, 5:31 pm

TheVisitor wrote:
malliz wrote:@TheVisitor
You do you have feedback hub installed?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/hel ... edback-hub


Well the link says its built in so will give it a shot, thanks Malliz

No problems used to use it a fair bit when I was running on the fast ring
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"

LIMPET235
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 38731
Joined: October 19th, 2007, 1:53 am
Location: The South Coast of N.S.W. Oz.

Post Posted June 12th, 2019, 4:32 am

@TheVisitor...
If you want to keep up on all the latest Windows updates & their effect/s,
go to "askwoody dot com" & read all the latest stuff-ups & fixes from MS.
Ancient Amateur Astronomer
Win-7-HP/IntelĀ® DualCore-2.0GHz/500G HDD/4 Gig Ram/550Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-20.0-62.0/T-bird-2.0.0.24/SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.
(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)

TheVisitor
 
Posts: 4932
Joined: May 13th, 2012, 10:43 am

Post Posted June 12th, 2019, 5:17 am

LIMPET235 wrote:@TheVisitor...
If you want to keep up on all the latest Windows updates & their effect/s,
go to "askwoody dot com" & read all the latest stuff-ups & fixes from MS.


Thanks, I'll check it out..

TheVisitor
 
Posts: 4932
Joined: May 13th, 2012, 10:43 am

Post Posted June 12th, 2019, 6:29 am

Thanks Limpet:

Did some reading at askwoody - found a link to here: https://www.ghacks.net/2019/06/12/windo ... kb4503327/

Reinstalled the Cumulative update and sure enough Event Viewer was broken, then applied the 'fix' from the link above and now up-to-date the the Event Viewer is working again as it should.

Many thanks all.

LIMPET235
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 38731
Joined: October 19th, 2007, 1:53 am
Location: The South Coast of N.S.W. Oz.

Post Posted June 12th, 2019, 6:36 am

You're welcome...

Image
Ancient Amateur Astronomer
Win-7-HP/IntelĀ® DualCore-2.0GHz/500G HDD/4 Gig Ram/550Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-20.0-62.0/T-bird-2.0.0.24/SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.
(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)

Mouse4
 
Posts: 544
Joined: December 27th, 2017, 4:03 am
Location: Australia

Post Posted June 12th, 2019, 3:08 pm


Return to MozillaZine Tech


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests