MozillaZine

HP-UX 11.23 ships with Mozilla 1.2.1 and Netscape 7.0

Composer, ChatZilla and other Mozilla applications, along with Netscape, Galeon, K-Meleon and other products.
rkl

Post Posted October 3rd, 2003, 5:49 pm

HP-UX 11.23 for Itanium 2 machines was released this week and folks might like to know that it contains Mozilla 1.2.1 and Netscape 7.0 (I think this might be the first time HP-UX has been shipped with two Gecko-based browsers).

When you fire up Mozilla, they've put a shell wrapper around it to check to see if you've seen the Mozilla tri-licences yet and if you haven't, it displays a Motif dialogue to get you to accept the licences...an "interesting" touch from HP there.

Yes, the DVD is labelled "October 2003" (HP Fed-ex'ed the DVD to us from the US, so my company's probably one of a handful in the UK outside of HP to actually have them in this country !) and shipping Netscape 7 as well as Mozilla seems a bit bizarre to me (unless HP-UX users are also AOL subscribers, which is unlikely I suspect :-) ).

Ă„kiidoll

Post Posted October 3rd, 2003, 8:41 pm

rkl wrote:HP-UX 11.23 for Itanium 2 machines was released this week and folks might like to know that it contains Mozilla 1.2.1 and Netscape 7.0 (I think this might be the first time HP-UX has been shipped with two Gecko-based browsers).

When you fire up Mozilla, they've put a shell wrapper around it to check to see if you've seen the Mozilla tri-licences yet and if you haven't, it displays a Motif dialogue to get you to accept the licences...an "interesting" touch from HP there.

Yes, the DVD is labelled "October 2003" (HP Fed-ex'ed the DVD to us from the US, so my company's probably one of a handful in the UK outside of HP to actually have them in this country !) and shipping Netscape 7 as well as Mozilla seems a bit bizarre to me (unless HP-UX users are also AOL subscribers, which is unlikely I suspect :-) ).

I wonder why HP would use such old versions of Mozilla
and Netscape?
Mozilla 1.2.1 was realeased on 12-02-02.
Netscape 7.0 was released on 8-29-02

There is a New Extension Manager for Thunderbird
Home page:http://quickmanager.mozdev.org/
ScreenShots:http://quickmanager.mozdev.org/screenshots.html
Prays he builds one for Mozilla/MozillaFirebird.
Bijugc built a beautiful extension! :p

Geck0 r0cks

Mozilla Thunderbird 0.3 (20030923)
Aebrahim O1 G7 http://pryan.org/firebird/aebrahim/
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.5b) Gecko/20030903 Firebird/0.6.1+
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.4.1) Gecko/20030906
A prisoner of Christ Jesus, by His stripes I was healed

marc00s

Post Posted October 4th, 2003, 1:54 am

rkl wrote: shipping Netscape 7 as well as Mozilla seems a bit bizarre to me (unless HP-UX users are also AOL subscribers, which is unlikely I suspect :-) ).

Some Linux distributions do it, too. E.g. the newest Slackware contains both Netscape 7.1 and Mozilla 1.4.

Return to Other Applications and Distributions