MozillaZine

Calendar Start-up

Composer, ChatZilla and other Mozilla applications, along with Netscape, Galeon, K-Meleon and other products.
Nostromo

Post Posted October 2nd, 2003, 6:06 am

Hi.
Does anyone knows (in WinXP) how can I start theCalendar (Sunbird) at the start-up of the system, so that as soon as I turn on the computer the calendar appears?

Note that I have multiple profiles, because of Firebird, therefore I should find a way to automatically select the appropriate profile.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Nostromo

Rene-gad

Post Posted October 2nd, 2003, 8:47 am

hi nostromo,
you could make a right-click to MozillaSunbird.exe and choose "sent to Desktop", than copy this link to your start-up folder.
Cheers
Rene-gad

Nostromo

Post Posted October 2nd, 2003, 9:19 am

Rene-gad wrote:hi nostromo,
you could make a right-click to MozillaSunbird.exe and choose "sent to Desktop", than copy this link to your start-up folder.

Yes, I did so..
but then what appears is the "choose profile" window..
that's because I have a firebird profile setup.
Is there any other way to get round it??

Thanks anyway,
Nostromo

bdeonline

Post Posted October 2nd, 2003, 9:34 am

Sure right click the shortcut choose properties.
Click the short cut tab
and in the Target field change this
"C:\Program Files\MozillaFirebird\MozillaFirebird.exe"
to
"C:\Program Files\MozillaFirebird\MozillaFirebird.exe" -P profilename

Nostromo

Post Posted October 2nd, 2003, 9:38 am

bdeonline wrote:Sure right click the shortcut choose properties.
Click the short cut tab
and in the Target field change this
"C:\Program Files\MozillaFirebird\MozillaFirebird.exe"
to
"C:\Program Files\MozillaFirebird\MozillaFirebird.exe" -P profilename

Thanks, I will try that and let you know.

Nostromo

misterhaan

Post Posted October 2nd, 2003, 2:09 pm

that doesn't work. works for firebird, but does nothing for sunbird (at least for me . . . )

Nostromo

Post Posted October 3rd, 2003, 1:21 am

misterhaan wrote:that doesn't work. works for firebird, but does nothing for sunbird (at least for me . . . )

I have the same problem.. actually, for me it does not work even with Firebird :-(

Any other solution available?

Nostromo

bdeonline

Post Posted October 3rd, 2003, 4:05 am

Well here is the problem and you probably cannot go around it with out having two firebirds. Once you startup Firebird or Sunbird it picks the profile you have chosen then when you startup anothoer Firebird or Sunbird it will still use that profile. The only way I see around it is if you had 2 versions of Firebird one for browsing and the other for the GRE for Sunbird.

misterhaan

Post Posted October 3rd, 2003, 6:39 am

that doesn't sound to me like it would work, as firebird and sunbird look to the same place for profiles. and isn't sunbird just another firebird anyway, just set to bring you right to the calendar?

Lost User 8002

Post Posted October 3rd, 2003, 10:31 am

bdeonline wrote:Well here is the problem and you probably cannot go around it with out having two firebirds. Once you startup Firebird or Sunbird it picks the profile you have chosen then when you startup anothoer Firebird or Sunbird it will still use that profile. The only way I see around it is if you had 2 versions of Firebird one for browsing and the other for the GRE for Sunbird.

Sunbird will always check for which profile you want to use...
I've tried to get around this, but I cannot...

Lost User 8002

Post Posted October 3rd, 2003, 10:32 am

misterhaan wrote:that doesn't sound to me like it would work, as firebird and sunbird look to the same place for profiles. and isn't sunbird just another firebird anyway, just set to bring you right to the calendar?

No...
Sunbird is a completely different app...
It just uses Firebird Profiles, and stores its profile in the same place as Firebird...

misterhaan

Post Posted October 3rd, 2003, 12:18 pm

if i download the calendar extension and run that with mozillafirebird.exe -calendar, i get the same thing as i would if i ran sunbird, except the throbber is different. if you do that, you can use the same profile for firebird and the calendar, even if both are open at the same time, since it's the same program. the problem i had with this approach is that even if i put a .lnk in my start menu to run calendar, it won't show up on the recently used programs (i use tweakui to prevent most stuff from showing up there) because it's the same exe as firebird itself.

using the standalone sunbird, you can't share a profile unless you're never going to have firebird and sunbird open at the same time. so create another profile for sunbird. this makes firebird ask which profile to use whenever you click an e-mail link and the browser isn't open, and also when you run it without -p default (or similar). the -p option doesn't work on sunbird for whatever reason.

my understanding of sunbird was that it's firebird with the calendar extension, which runs by default. possibly some of the other stuff from firebird is stripped out of sunbird too (like the -p option), but this is just how i thought it was done. i'm thinking it would actually be better for me to dump sunbird and go back to the calendar extension or something else because the fighting over firebird (actually phoenix) profiles is just too much hassle

derrickbj

Post Posted October 9th, 2003, 11:16 am

I downloaded calendar from projects/calendar and installed QuickTools on Firebird. When I click Tools|Calendar, I get " The File /content/calendar.xul cannot be found, please check..."bla bla bla. When I type in the url Chrome://calendar/content/calendar.xul, I get the same error. When I navigate to MozillaFirebird/Chrome/Calendar/Content, all the files are there. I closed and restarted the browser after load, and everything. Any ideas?

misterhaan

Post Posted October 9th, 2003, 2:09 pm

i think you can start it using mozillafirebird.exe -calendar

Return to Other Applications and Distributions