MozillaZine

06-17-2003 build - IMAP message header download slow

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
mud

Post Posted June 20th, 2003, 5:41 pm

Message header download is extremely slow with the 06-17-2003 build. Took about 15-20 minutes to download a folder of 4400 messages. CPU utilization was pegged at 100% the entire time.

With the mozilla mail client all headers in this same folder downloaded in less than 2 minutes..

All IMAP settings are default except using secure connection (SSL) to the server. Don't think it matters as i believe junk mail processing does not kick in until all headers are downloaded, but junk mail processing was disabled.

sgbouwhu

Post Posted June 21st, 2003, 3:48 am

Confirming. When I open Thunderbird, it checks for new mail, but when I try to read that new mail it doesn't respond. I can read older mail. Reastarting Thunderbird doesn't help. About 5 minutes later I get the popup that new mail has arrived, and when that happens I can read the mails. I believe this to be same kind of problem.

sgbouwhu

Post Posted June 21st, 2003, 3:58 am

sgbouwhu wrote:Confirming. When I open Thunderbird, it checks for new mail, but when I try to read that new mail it doesn't respond. I can read older mail. Reastarting Thunderbird doesn't help. About 5 minutes later I get the popup that new mail has arrived, and when that happens I can read the mails. I believe this to be same kind of problem.

It seems to be an IMAP-only problem, here.

Return to Thunderbird Bugs