MozillaZine

broken links in TB

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
Reese Taylor

Post Posted June 18th, 2003, 1:35 pm

I can't seem to get the links in the latest TB builds to open up windows in my browser. I noticed this problem in the build of June 11. I downloaded the latest build of June 17 and still cannot get the links to open in my browser.

I use the Firebird build of May 25 as my default browser. I have Windoes XP with 512 ram.

I'd appreciate any help.

RAF

Post Posted June 18th, 2003, 1:43 pm

Does it open in IE or doesn't it do anything?

mscott

Post Posted June 18th, 2003, 2:12 pm

Open up firebird and press the "make my default browser" button again (Tools / Options).

Sometimes when installing new firebird builds, it loses track of this registry setting.
Thunderbirds are Go!

Reese Taylor

Post Posted June 18th, 2003, 2:13 pm

Even though I do have IE on my computer, it does not open in it. The internet links do not open at all. However, the mailto: links now work. They open in TB. Any suggestions?

winteraconite

Post Posted June 21st, 2003, 10:44 am

I have a similar problem: Thunderbird still opens all http links in IE, no matter how many times I do what mscott suggested. I have the newest builds of both Firebird and Thunderbird (the dates are 21 June and 17 June, respectively -- though it should be noted that I had the same problem when using the 0.6 release of Firebird) and I'm running Win98 SE.

I also have the option set for Firebird to open external links in new tabs, as detailed <a href="http://texturizer.net/firebird/tips.html#beh_reuse">here</a> and with Tabbrowser Extensions installed. (Though again, it should be noted, Thunderbird still opens links in IE even on clean installs of Firebird with new profiles and no extensions whatsoever.)

Any ideas?

Reese Taylor

Post Posted June 21st, 2003, 1:50 pm

I have tried clean installs on both TB and FB. Nothing seems to work. TB does not open links at all (in either FB or IE). I'm stuck. Hopefully someone will suggest a solution.

Return to Thunderbird Bugs