MozillaZine

5-30-2003 build semi-hangs while moving messages.

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
csdibiase

Post Posted June 3rd, 2003, 7:40 pm

Forgive a newbie if this is a known issue, but having just found Firebird/Thunderbird a few days ago I'm really kinda pumped to migrate from IE6/OE6 :D

First off, whoever did the coding for the Outlook Express import, thank you :D I've toyed with several versions of Eudora and Mozilla (though nothing since 1.2 I think) and never could get my email to correctly import from OE6, however the Thunderbird import seems to work much better. (note as I was writing this I did find one issue, which I will discuss in a separate thread)

Now I'm some what of a pack rat when it comes to email... apart from messages lost to email client conversions and hard drive crashes I've saved roughly 90% of the email I've received over the years. For example my sent items folder contains 1678 messages alone and that I lost after a april 2000 crash ... (dang partial backups :P) Now when I try to move the messages from that folder, the 5-30-2003 build gets to around 932 message and hangs. The app will respond to general commands however the process will not terminate on exit, nor can you do things like list the contents of other folders or open a message.

Either I'm too much of a pack rat to know what's good for me or I've found a smallish problem.
Christopher Di Biase

csdibiase

Post Posted June 3rd, 2003, 10:06 pm

Guess this was a known issue, appears to be fixed in 20030603
Christopher Di Biase

Return to Thunderbird Bugs