MozillaZine

XML Parsing Error in messengercompose.xul

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
calum

Post Posted June 2nd, 2003, 2:56 am

Since 31st May my nightly builds are unusable; I'm assuming it's just me, since I've not seen it mentioned elsewhere...

I get an undefined entity for the line:

<menu id="maileditCharsetMenu" ...

in messengercompose.xul, whenever I try to bring up a Compose window.

I don't [yet] have the patch for 206692, but that doesn't seem obviously related...

any ideas, please? thanks.

macrxnapa

Post Posted June 2nd, 2003, 4:35 am

calum wrote:Since 31st May my nightly builds are unusable; I'm assuming it's just me, since I've not seen it mentioned elsewhere...

The exact same thing used to happen to me!

calum wrote:I don't [yet] have the patch for 206692, but that doesn't seem obviously related...

The patch very much IS related. Please apply the patch, then your builds will be back on track. For further reference see the exchange between Scott and I here:

http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/viewt ... c&start=10

Warm regards
Don

calum

Post Posted June 2nd, 2003, 4:51 am

macrxnapa wrote:
calum wrote:Since 31st May my nightly builds are unusable; I'm assuming it's just me, since I've not seen it mentioned elsewhere...

calum wrote:I don't [yet] have the patch for 206692, but that doesn't seem obviously related...

The patch very much IS related. Please apply the patch, then your builds will be back on track. For further reference see the exchange between Scott and I here:

Warm regards
Don

thanks Don, will give it a try.

macrxnapa

Post Posted June 2nd, 2003, 4:54 am

macrxnapa wrote:

Warm regards
Don

I forgot to let you know of one caveat: If you updated your tree as late 5-31, the patch may not take. If you still experience problems with the resulting build, try using a backup of your 5-30 tree, patch it, then update from cvs. You should then be good to go.

I took these steps on my Mac, and I now have perfect builds.

Also, if you haven't used the patch for the last week or so, then TB hasn't been taking on its true appearence using the new toolkit. Once the tree is patched, you will find the result a vary nice surprise. :-)

Regards
Don

Return to Thunderbird Bugs