MozillaZine

XML Parsing Error in messengercompose.xul

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
calum
 
Posts: 26
Joined: May 11th, 2003, 9:59 am

Post Posted June 2nd, 2003, 2:56 am

Since 31st May my nightly builds are unusable; I'm assuming it's just me, since I've not seen it mentioned elsewhere...

I get an undefined entity for the line:

<menu id="maileditCharsetMenu" ...

in messengercompose.xul, whenever I try to bring up a Compose window.

I don't [yet] have the patch for 206692, but that doesn't seem obviously related...

any ideas, please? thanks.

macrxnapa

User avatar
 
Posts: 246
Joined: May 5th, 2003, 12:47 pm

Post Posted June 2nd, 2003, 4:35 am

calum wrote:Since 31st May my nightly builds are unusable; I'm assuming it's just me, since I've not seen it mentioned elsewhere...

I get an undefined entity for the line:

<menu id="maileditCharsetMenu" ...

in messengercompose.xul, whenever I try to bring up a Compose window.


The exact same thing used to happen to me!

calum wrote:I don't [yet] have the patch for 206692, but that doesn't seem obviously related...

any ideas, please? thanks.


The patch very much IS related. Please apply the patch, then your builds will be back on track. For further reference see the exchange between Scott and I here:

http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/viewt ... c&start=10


Warm regards
Don

calum
 
Posts: 26
Joined: May 11th, 2003, 9:59 am

Post Posted June 2nd, 2003, 4:51 am

macrxnapa wrote:
calum wrote:Since 31st May my nightly builds are unusable; I'm assuming it's just me, since I've not seen it mentioned elsewhere...

I get an undefined entity for the line:

<menu id="maileditCharsetMenu" ...

in messengercompose.xul, whenever I try to bring up a Compose window.


The exact same thing used to happen to me!

calum wrote:I don't [yet] have the patch for 206692, but that doesn't seem obviously related...

any ideas, please? thanks.


The patch very much IS related. Please apply the patch, then your builds will be back on track. For further reference see the exchange between Scott and I here:

http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/viewt ... c&start=10


Warm regards
Don


thanks Don, will give it a try.

macrxnapa

User avatar
 
Posts: 246
Joined: May 5th, 2003, 12:47 pm

Post Posted June 2nd, 2003, 4:54 am

macrxnapa wrote:
calum wrote:Since 31st May my nightly builds are unusable; I'm assuming it's just me, since I've not seen it mentioned elsewhere...

I get an undefined entity for the line:

<menu id="maileditCharsetMenu" ...

in messengercompose.xul, whenever I try to bring up a Compose window.


The exact same thing used to happen to me!

calum wrote:I don't [yet] have the patch for 206692, but that doesn't seem obviously related...

any ideas, please? thanks.


The patch very much IS related. Please apply the patch, then your builds will be back on track. For further reference see the exchange between Scott and I here:

http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/viewt ... c&start=10


Warm regards
Don


I forgot to let you know of one caveat: If you updated your tree as late 5-31, the patch may not take. If you still experience problems with the resulting build, try using a backup of your 5-30 tree, patch it, then update from cvs. You should then be good to go.

I took these steps on my Mac, and I now have perfect builds.

Also, if you haven't used the patch for the last week or so, then TB hasn't been taking on its true appearence using the new toolkit. Once the tree is patched, you will find the result a vary nice surprise. :-)

Regards
Don

Return to Thunderbird Bugs


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest