MozillaZine

Bugs

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
JSS3rd

Post Posted May 30th, 2003, 2:13 pm

Someone has suggested, elsewhere, that it's too soon to report bugs in Thunderbird, but if they don't get reported how are they going to be fixed?

That said, I've been using Tbird for only a couple of days, having bounced back and forth between Mozilla 1.31 and Netscape 7.02 before that. I like having stand-alone browser and email clients, though, so am currently using the 5-28-03 build of Tbird and the 5-29-03 build of Firebird. My OS is WinXP Pro, SP1.

Three things stand out in Tbird as needing to be fixed ...

1) Although Sans-serif can be selected in the Proportional window in Options\Fonts, Tbird won't use the designated sans-serif font. If Serif is selected, however, the font designated in the Serif window will be used, and a sans-serif font can be designated.

2) All links in email windows open in Internet Explorer, even though Firebird is the designated Default Browser. (Also reported elsewhere).

3) Bringing my mail into Tbird was easy because the Import Mail tool has a setting for Communicator 4.x, and both Netscape and Mozilla use my Communicator 4.79 profile and mail settings. Importing the address book, however, was a PITA, as there is no option to import from Communicator ... only from Eudora, Outlook, Outlook Express, and "Text file". Instead, I had to export my Netscape 7.02 address book as an .ldif file and then import it into Tbird. And, apparently, there is no way to import such a file directly into the Personal Address Book ... I had to import it as a new address book, and then drag and drop the entries into the PAB. Seems to me there has to be a better (and easier) way.

I'm assuming that I'm not the only one experiencing these problems ... anyone else?

Jim

RAF

Post Posted May 30th, 2003, 2:20 pm

JSS3rd wrote:...And, apparently, there is no way to import such a file directly into the Personal Address Book ... I had to import it as a new address book, and then drag and drop the entries into the PAB. Seems to me there has to be a better (and easier) way.

I'm assuming that I'm not the only one experiencing these problems ... anyone else?

Jim

I had the same problem with importing addresses from Outlook 2000. It wasn't fun..

Tb opens links in Fb for me without failure.

Return to Thunderbird Bugs