MozillaZine

Mozilla 1.2 can't right click save files???

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
DreamEFX

Post Posted November 30th, 2002, 11:21 am

I have a little problem with the new Mozilla 1.2 build. It doesn't let me right click save or download programs.

I'm about to uninstall Mozilla and reinstall it but just to be on the safe side I want to save my bookmarks...unfortunately I cannot find them for the life of me.

I have done a search in windows but with no luck. I keep finding these bookmark files that are not mine.

Any suggestions thanks:)
All I want is everything am i asking too much?

mesostinky

Post Posted November 30th, 2002, 11:59 am

In 2k/xp they are usually located in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default . With explorer open go to Tools->Folder options->View->Show hidden files and folders. You can also backup your cookies etc. Also you might want to consider sticking with 1.2B until 1.2.1 comes out.

DreamEFX

Post Posted November 30th, 2002, 10:35 pm

Ok, I don't have those folders in my documents and settings folder. But I do have the bookmarks because Mozilla still has them in the tab bar.

What is the bookmark file called?

I did a search for "bookmarks" and came up with like 10 files named that.

None of them were the bookmarks I'm after. I'm on win2k by the way.
All I want is everything am i asking too much?

laszlo

Post Posted November 30th, 2002, 10:55 pm

The file you're looking for is called "bookmarks.html", and it's located in a directory called "xxxxxxxx.slt", with xxxxxxxx being a random string.

djg

Post Posted December 3rd, 2002, 2:23 pm

Sounds like you haev a known problem. Read this link to see if it is the same and how to fix:
http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=171441

mozDude

Post Posted December 3rd, 2002, 2:31 pm

Yeah I was having the same download problem with a nightly build of 1.2b i believe. I clicked on a download link and Moz would just hang. I just downloaded a diff build (1.3a nightly) and it works fine for me.

Just a note: you should probably dowload the mozilla w/talkback .ZIP files instead of the .EXE. To 'install', all you do is unzip...when u dont want it, just delete the folder. Mind you, you will lose the extensions+themes you may have installed. That way u save windows from being screwed up in case of some abnormal build bug or whatever.

david55475

Post Posted December 3rd, 2002, 11:17 pm

mozDude wrote:Just a note: you should probably dowload the mozilla w/talkback .ZIP files instead of the .EXE. To 'install', all you do is unzip...when u dont want it, just delete the folder. Mind you, you will lose the extensions+themes you may have installed. That way u save windows from being screwed up in case of some abnormal build bug or whatever.

I assume that the profiles/bookmarks/etc created by the old build will still exist, but won't be used by any new build ? In other words, each new build creates it's own profiles directory ? Or do Talkback builds put their profiles in the EXE's directory ?

Dave
Dave
Cunningly disguised as a responsible adult

mozDude

Post Posted December 4th, 2002, 3:14 am

I assume that the profiles/bookmarks/etc created by the old build will still exist, but won't be used by any new build ? In other words, each new build creates it's own profiles directory ? Or do Talkback builds put their profiles in the EXE's directory ?

No. Mozilla creates only one profile. So if you delete/uninstall a mozilla build and install another, the new build will still use the old profile that was created by the prev build. On XP/2k for eg, the profiles are located at c:\Docs&settings\<userName>\....

Return to SeaMonkey General