MozillaZine

How do you log into yahoo Mail with Seamonkey?

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
Zosimos

Post Posted November 22nd, 2017, 3:25 pm

Not very long ago, as I was logged in with my browser within the last month or so, they changed something at Yahoo and will not let you log into Yahoo Mail with Seamonkey anymore. I'd really like to be able to access my email by direct login as well as IMAP download. Has anyone figured out how to login without switching to one of the browsers they are attempting to force us to use?

hardys

Post Posted November 22nd, 2017, 4:34 pm

No problem here to log in to Yahoo with SM 2.49.1 on Windows 10 prof.

DanRaisch

Post Posted November 22nd, 2017, 4:45 pm

See this thread for guidance -- viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3028985&hilit=yahoo

Zosimos

Post Posted November 22nd, 2017, 5:35 pm

Hmm, first I need to update. Didn't even know there was a new version out. How long has automatic checking for updates been broken? Seems like the past several versions now. Why can't they fix a simple thing like this? And then when I try to manually download the update, Seamonkey barfs on its own website, claiming 'insecure connection'. So I have to use ANOTHER browser to update Seamonkey. I am really beginning to wonder if they want anyone to use this browser.

When I finally get updated, I'll try the useragent.override thing. But it's really beginning to look like I need to change to something else.

frg

Post Posted November 23rd, 2017, 1:05 am

> Why can't they fix a simple thing like this?

Because it isn't simple.

> And then when I try to manually download the update, Seamonkey barfs on its own website, claiming 'insecure connection'.

Because you didn't read the release notes. Known problem with NoScript or better with the misconfigured Mozilla site.

> But it's really beginning to look like I need to change to something else.
There is still Tunderbird and Chromium.

FRG

Return to SeaMonkey General