MozillaZine

Daily Build Thread 2019-01-01+ (after Dawn)

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
wsmwk
 
Posts: 2553
Joined: December 7th, 2004, 6:52 am

Post Posted December 15th, 2018, 4:03 pm

Mouse4 wrote:any idea when 60.4.0 will be released ?

When the stars align. There is no prediction.

Mouse4
 
Posts: 336
Joined: December 27th, 2017, 4:03 am
Location: Australia

Post Posted December 15th, 2018, 4:54 pm

wsmwk wrote:
Mouse4 wrote:any idea when 60.4.0 will be released ?

When the stars align. There is no prediction.

ohh okz thanks

Mouse4
 
Posts: 336
Joined: December 27th, 2017, 4:03 am
Location: Australia

Post Posted December 16th, 2018, 6:53 pm

Hello

with the Thunderbird Beta Link, any reason why thats on the " candidates" link an not on the " releases " link ? does it actually matter?

Mouse4
 
Posts: 336
Joined: December 27th, 2017, 4:03 am
Location: Australia

Post Posted December 17th, 2018, 8:39 pm

Mouse4 wrote:Hello

with the Thunderbird Beta Link, any reason why thats on the " candidates" link an not on the " releases " link ? does it actually matter?

i have changed the Beta Link to point to Releases instead of Candidates

toolong
 
Posts: 913
Joined: December 24th, 2011, 10:29 am

Post Posted December 21st, 2018, 2:47 pm

Mouse4 wrote:
wsmwk wrote:
Mouse4 wrote:any idea when 60.4.0 will be released ?

When the stars align. There is no prediction.

ohh okz thanks



It appears that this event happened Thursday. :D

Mouse4
 
Posts: 336
Joined: December 27th, 2017, 4:03 am
Location: Australia

Post Posted December 21st, 2018, 7:30 pm

< It appears that this event happened Thursday. :D >

yeah i gathered that as i downloaded it the other day as mine wont Auto Update ( i got the 64bit build )

64bit builds of the 60.x.x ESR wont Auto Update,

toolong
 
Posts: 913
Joined: December 24th, 2011, 10:29 am

Post Posted December 22nd, 2018, 5:00 am

Mouse4 wrote:< It appears that this event happened Thursday. :D >

yeah i gathered that as i downloaded it the other day as mine wont Auto Update ( i got the 64bit build )

64bit builds of the 60.x.x ESR wont Auto Update,



I have the 64 bit build on Windows 10 and mine Auto Updates.

Mouse4
 
Posts: 336
Joined: December 27th, 2017, 4:03 am
Location: Australia

Post Posted December 22nd, 2018, 9:08 pm

The Mechanic wrote:
Mouse4 wrote:< It appears that this event happened Thursday. :D >

yeah i gathered that as i downloaded it the other day as mine wont Auto Update ( i got the 64bit build )

64bit builds of the 60.x.x ESR wont Auto Update,



I have the 64 bit build on Windows 10 and mine Auto Updates.

only the Beta Builds from 61 onwards Auto-Update afaik

toolong
 
Posts: 913
Joined: December 24th, 2011, 10:29 am

Post Posted December 23rd, 2018, 5:52 am


I have the 64 bit build on Windows 10 and mine Auto Updates.


only the Beta Builds from 61 onwards Auto-Update afaik


Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/60.4.0


As I said. My install does. It did NOT Auto Update to 60.0 but from then on it has Auto Updated. Regular releases and patches.

Mouse4
 
Posts: 336
Joined: December 27th, 2017, 4:03 am
Location: Australia

Post Posted January 2nd, 2019, 2:12 pm

just FYI i have put this Blog URL in the First Post https://blog.mozilla.org/thunderbird/20 ... d-in-2019/ at the Top

toolong
 
Posts: 913
Joined: December 24th, 2011, 10:29 am

Post Posted January 2nd, 2019, 2:48 pm

Mouse4 wrote:just FYI i have put this Blog URL in the First Post https://blog.mozilla.org/thunderbird/20 ... d-in-2019/ at the Top



Thanks. Interesting reading.

Thunderbird, the Email Client, has always been one of the most stable application that I use. No Extensions (experimented with a few) or Themes (again experimented with a few) over the years that have caused some minor problems. However the one and only annoyance I have had was the "Address Book" bug which had 'red name even though in the book' that was fixed eventually.

NBD Like the "Energizer Bunny"!! :lol:

tranle
 
Posts: 422
Joined: February 5th, 2003, 3:10 pm
Location: Mountain View, CA

Post Posted January 2nd, 2019, 11:42 pm

Does spelling dictionaries (other than English) works in the latest Daily build ?
I have download and installed the French dictionary and it shows up under the 'Add-ons->Dictionaries' but only English show up for language option when composing a new message.

Thanks.

James
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 27485
Joined: June 18th, 2003, 3:07 pm
Location: Made in Canada

Post Posted January 3rd, 2019, 12:03 am

For the Dictionaries.

from https://www.thunderbird.net/thunderbird/65.0beta/releasenotes/
DICTIONARY SUPPORT: Only WebExtension dictionaries are supported now. Please download new dictionaries from addons.mozilla.org since addons.thunderbird.net still provides "legacy" dictionaries compatible with Thunderbird 60 ESR. This may change as soon as Thunderbird 60 ESR can also handle WebExtension dictionaries (planned for version 60.5).

Mouse4
 
Posts: 336
Joined: December 27th, 2017, 4:03 am
Location: Australia

Post Posted January 15th, 2019, 7:29 pm

anyone know if Thunderbird will make a .msi installer like firefox ?

wsmwk
 
Posts: 2553
Joined: December 7th, 2004, 6:52 am

Post Posted January 15th, 2019, 7:51 pm

it's in progress. follow bugzilla :)

Return to Thunderbird Builds


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests