MozillaZine

TB 25a2 - gmail imap updating read flags fails

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
mcloaked

Post Posted September 23rd, 2013, 5:51 am

I am using TB 25A2 Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/25.0a2 ID:20130916004001 CSet: 87b939272ffd

I have an account which goes to gmail with standard settings for the incoming and outgoing servers for gmail. I can send and receive mail, but with the incoming server set as the gmail imap server, and with "Check for new messages every minutes" unchecked (i.e. using imap idle), there are problems with the new messages flags not updating properly, and with updating the Inbox when new messages come in. I have my android phone also looking at this same account using the gmail app on the phone and this seems to work fine for the same account. Hence it appears that TB 25 is not behaving properly when it comes to imap idle connections to gmail. I don't know if having android looking at the same imap server causes a problem but in principle it should be fine to connect to an imap server with idle from two different clients simultaneously.

If I view an incoming mail on the android phone with the gmail app, then Thunderbird does not update the list of email that came in, and does not update the fact that an email has been read until I click on some other folder, and then go back to the Inbox.

Does anyone know whether this is a known bug, or whether any special settings are required in Thunderbird in order to have incoming email in the Inbox update properly as new mail arrives, or when an email has been read with another client?
Mike Cloaked

DanRaisch

Post Posted September 23rd, 2013, 6:43 am

Moving to Thunderbird Builds where pre-release versions are discussed.

Return to Thunderbird Builds