MozillaZine

Daily Build Thread 2013-09-04 Through 2013-09-10

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
JoeS

User avatar
 
Posts: 2337
Joined: June 8th, 2003, 9:15 am

Post Posted September 4th, 2013, 2:20 pm

Daily Build Thread
[If you would like to volunteer to post this weekly thread on a rotational basis
Please go here: http://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Nig ... ld_Threads for further instructions.]


Danger, Will Robinson, danger!
Current situations to be aware of
Running TB 12 with local mail folders and pop3 mail filters may produce summary files that aren't correctly read by previous versions of Thunderbird See: TB 12 Known Issues


Checkins This Week

Now posted in each channel's status section

Recent Bugs/Links of interest


Latest Tested Builds

The current nightly build, unless otherwise noted



Thunderbird-Beta Thunderbird 24.0 / Gecko 24.0 Status

Green


Latest-Betas:24.0b3-candidates
Tbpl l10n Dashboard
Tinderbox_Builds_win32

Checkins This Week
None Yet


Earlybird Thunderbird 25.0a2 / Gecko 25.0 Status

Green

Latest-Nightly Links en-US l10n
Tbpl l10n Dashboard
Tinderbox_Builds_win32

Checkins This Week
None Yet


Daily Thunderbird trunk 26.0a1 / Gecko 26.0 Status

Open APPROVAL REQUIRED. Metered check-ins

Latest-Nightly Links en-US l10n
Tbpl l10n Dashboard

Checkins This Week
[Sep 04 05:37:22 2013 PDT]#239455 [MailNews Core:Networking: POP]-All pop3 email messages on server downloaded again if local hard disk drive runs out of space, causing duplicates [not enough, insufficient, too little hdd capacity] [All]

Last edited by JoeS on September 11th, 2013, 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoeS Testing current Thunderbird trunk builds WinXP SP2+
news://news.mozilla.org.mozilla.test.multimedia How to Post

Sylph
 
Posts: 288
Joined: May 11th, 2008, 8:42 am

Post Posted September 5th, 2013, 10:23 am

When I try to open it, I get Daily has stopped working. In Safe Mode. In normal mode it even won't show that. :shock:

C@rb0n
 
Posts: 1428
Joined: February 19th, 2005, 11:22 am

Post Posted September 5th, 2013, 11:39 am

Is anyone else with a Hotmail account (configured for POP) getting multiple downloads starting today?

JoeS

User avatar
 
Posts: 2337
Joined: June 8th, 2003, 9:15 am

Post Posted September 5th, 2013, 3:43 pm

Sylph wrote:When I try to open it, I get Daily has stopped working. In Safe Mode. In normal mode it even won't show that. :shock:

Seems fine here with:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/26.0a1 ID:20130905045933 CSet: 8958f7bad543
JoeS Testing current Thunderbird trunk builds WinXP SP2+
news://news.mozilla.org.mozilla.test.multimedia How to Post

JoeS

User avatar
 
Posts: 2337
Joined: June 8th, 2003, 9:15 am

Post Posted September 5th, 2013, 3:46 pm

C@rb0n wrote:Is anyone else with a Hotmail account (configured for POP) getting multiple downloads starting today?

I don't have a Hotmail account, but I do have Gmail setup for pop3 access. That seems OK here.
JoeS Testing current Thunderbird trunk builds WinXP SP2+
news://news.mozilla.org.mozilla.test.multimedia How to Post

JoeS

User avatar
 
Posts: 2337
Joined: June 8th, 2003, 9:15 am

Post Posted September 5th, 2013, 4:34 pm

Sylph wrote:When I try to open it, I get Daily has stopped working. In Safe Mode. In normal mode it even won't show that. :shock:

Is this your bug ?
#913008 [Thunderbird:Installer]-Daily Version 26.0a1update of 2013-09-05 will not start in Win 8.1 Preview [Win]
JoeS Testing current Thunderbird trunk builds WinXP SP2+
news://news.mozilla.org.mozilla.test.multimedia How to Post

C@rb0n
 
Posts: 1428
Joined: February 19th, 2005, 11:22 am

Post Posted September 5th, 2013, 5:12 pm

JoeS wrote:I don't have a Hotmail account, but I do have Gmail setup for pop3 access. That seems OK here.

Thanks. Looks to be a Hotmail-only problems as my Gmail POP3 is also fine (so far).

Sylph
 
Posts: 288
Joined: May 11th, 2008, 8:42 am

Post Posted September 5th, 2013, 11:07 pm

JoeS wrote:
Sylph wrote:When I try to open it, I get Daily has stopped working. In Safe Mode. In normal mode it even won't show that. :shock:

Is this your bug ?
#913008 [Thunderbird:Installer]-Daily Version 26.0a1update of 2013-09-05 will not start in Win 8.1 Preview [Win]


My bug, but I don't run the preview version of Windows 8. :shock:

oorwullie

User avatar
 
Posts: 468
Joined: September 20th, 2005, 9:37 am
Location: Belfast NI

Post Posted September 6th, 2013, 7:12 am

C@rb0n wrote:Thanks. Looks to be a Hotmail-only problems as my Gmail POP3 is also fine (so far).


I don't have Hotmail but I'm getting 50+ duplicates of my emails on POP. :shock:

edit: every refresh (Get Messages) brings one new dupe!

edit#2: spanking new profile and problem persists. (also tried Seamonkey, no problem there)

edit#3: In safe mode the problem persists BUT now only in the primary email account (i.e. the initial account set-up with my ISP, which also includes the default outgoing SMTP server). Problem still the same but only affects undeleted mail.

Is it time for a bug report?
SM, TBird & FF trunk nightlies; Win 8.1/Ubuntu; Apache OOo 4
============================================

JoeS

User avatar
 
Posts: 2337
Joined: June 8th, 2003, 9:15 am

Post Posted September 6th, 2013, 8:24 am

oorwullie wrote:
C@rb0n wrote:Thanks. Looks to be a Hotmail-only problems as my Gmail POP3 is also fine (so far).


I don't have Hotmail but I'm getting 50+ duplicates of my emails on POP. :shock:

edit: every refresh (Get Messages) brings one new dupe!

edit#2: spanking new profile and problem persists. (also tried Seamonkey, no problem there)

edit#3: In safe mode the problem persists BUT now only in the primary email account (i.e. the initial account set-up with my ISP, which also includes the default outgoing SMTP server). Problem still the same but only affects undeleted mail.

Is it time for a bug report?

Yep..I can confirm on my default pop3 account
JoeS Testing current Thunderbird trunk builds WinXP SP2+
news://news.mozilla.org.mozilla.test.multimedia How to Post

oorwullie

User avatar
 
Posts: 468
Joined: September 20th, 2005, 9:37 am
Location: Belfast NI

Post Posted September 6th, 2013, 8:34 am

Bug submitted 913502
SM, TBird & FF trunk nightlies; Win 8.1/Ubuntu; Apache OOo 4
============================================

Anaerin
 
Posts: 1
Joined: September 8th, 2013, 10:58 am

Post Posted September 8th, 2013, 11:01 am

Sylph wrote:
JoeS wrote:
Sylph wrote:When I try to open it, I get Daily has stopped working. In Safe Mode. In normal mode it even won't show that. :shock:

Is this your bug ?
#913008 [Thunderbird:Installer]-Daily Version 26.0a1update of 2013-09-05 will not start in Win 8.1 Preview [Win]

My bug, but I don't run the preview version of Windows 8. :shock:

It's confirmed here (Win8.0), and also reportedly broken in Win7. It seems to be a problem with the x64 build from 2013-09-05, more specifically an exception from mozjs.dll, details of which I have put in the BugZilla report.

Return to Thunderbird Builds


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest