MozillaZine

Status of Notification Center support on Mac?

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
jmontana

Post Posted August 29th, 2013, 6:27 am

Does anyone know what's going on with this? From what I can tell, it was added, and Growl support was removed. Then a decision was made to switch to XUL notifications, so support for Notification Center was removed. From what I can tell, support for XUL notifications seems to have landed, because I get a very quick (displays for about one second) box with a blue border in the upper-right informing me of new messages.

I'd like to know if Notification Center support is returning at some point, or what the options are. Right now, if I'm not staring at the screen the moment that the new mail comes in, I have no indication that there has been new mail.

Philip Chee

Post Posted August 29th, 2013, 8:59 am

jmontana wrote:Does anyone know what's going on with this? From what I can tell, it was added, and Growl support was removed. Then a decision was made to switch to XUL notifications, so support for Notification Center was removed. From what I can tell, support for XUL notifications seems to have landed, because I get a very quick (displays for about one second) box with a blue border in the upper-right informing me of new messages.

I'd like to know if Notification Center support is returning at some point, or what the options are. Right now, if I'm not staring at the screen the moment that the new mail comes in, I have no indication that there has been new mail.

See Bug 852648 - Implement notification center support for web notifications.

Phil

jmontana

Post Posted August 29th, 2013, 9:03 am

Awesome. Thanks, Phil!

Return to Thunderbird Builds