MozillaZine

Mac OS X 6-1 build ready

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
macrxnapa

Post Posted June 1st, 2003, 3:18 pm

I just verified ability to download the archive.

http://members.napanet.net/~mac_doc/

Thank you for your patience.

Have fun.

-Don

mscott

Post Posted June 2nd, 2003, 3:46 pm

Thanks for the build Don. This build will shortly showup on ftp.mozilla.org under:

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/ ... 5-30-trunk

where the current windows build can also be found.
Thunderbirds are Go!

maveric

Post Posted June 3rd, 2003, 2:17 am

Hello Don,

I thin we have the bug that Thunderbird crashes when moving messages to the trash or simply marking them in the Mac OS X 1-6 build too.

For more informations take a look here: http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/viewt ... 1143#91143

Today I downloaded my mails with this build and everything went fine till I marked three messages and tried to move them into another folder by simply track and drop them into the new folder, equal if it's the trash or another local folder or a folder in the mail profile. If you do so memory and cpu ussage go up to 100% and OS X hangs up. Only a reboot or kill -9 if you were lucky enough to open up a shell brings back life to OS X.

If you Delete the messages using the Delete Button or you copy/move them by using right click (alt+click for apple mouse) and select move/copy from the menu everything is O.K. Also a swith back to the 27-5 build didn't show this bug. Here you can track and drop mails in every folder you want.

Hope you can reproduce this bug if not so then maybe it is only on my machine.

My configuration
Thunderbird 1-6 builld
Mac OS X 10.2.6
i Mac G3/400
Fink 0.52 installed but this should not be the problem for the bug

If you need more informations feel free to ask.

HTH
Eric

macrxnapa

Post Posted June 3rd, 2003, 11:57 am

maveric wrote:Hello Don,

I thin we have the bug that Thunderbird crashes when moving messages to the trash or simply marking them in the Mac OS X 1-6 build too.

For more informations take a look here: http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/viewt ... 1143#91143

Today I downloaded my mails with this build and everything went fine till I marked three messages and tried to move them into another folder by simply track and drop them into the new folder, equal if it's the trash or another local folder or a folder in the mail profile. If you do so memory and cpu ussage go up to 100% and OS X hangs up. Only a reboot or kill -9 if you were lucky enough to open up a shell brings back life to OS X.

If you Delete the messages using the Delete Button or you copy/move them by using right click (alt+click for apple mouse) and select move/copy from the menu everything is O.K. Also a swith back to the 27-5 build didn't show this bug. Here you can track and drop mails in every folder you want.

Hope you can reproduce this bug if not so then maybe it is only on my machine.

My configuration
Thunderbird 1-6 builld
Mac OS X 10.2.6
i Mac G3/400
Fink 0.52 installed but this should not be the problem for the bug

If you need more informations feel free to ask.

HTH
Eric

Very good, I'll look at this tonight.

Thanks
-Don

macrxnapa

Post Posted June 3rd, 2003, 6:57 pm

Hi Eric,

It turns out that your observations are on target. This is very repeatable. However, I have a new build from last night that seems to resolve this issue, for I can DND mails everywhere without getting our favorite colorwheel. ;-)

6-2 build tree updated @19:32

I'll post it soon.

Thanks for letting us know.

-Don

Return to Thunderbird Builds