MozillaZine

Mac OS X 5-25 Build

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
macrxnapa

Post Posted May 26th, 2003, 12:03 am

I'm uploading the file for the third time. Download test failed.

Be back with 30 min...

-Don

macrxnapa

Post Posted May 26th, 2003, 12:32 am

Ok, finally...

Mac OS X Build for 5-25 is here, albeit a little late.

http://members.napanet.net/~mac_doc/

There are bugs, but basic functions work.

Please let us know of any other bugs you see.

Enjoy

-Don

maveric

Post Posted May 26th, 2003, 4:35 am

hi Don,

first thanks for your efforts to provide us with Mac OS X builds of Thunderbird and hopefully one day I will understand the build process and be able to build Thunderbird too.

Second I think I found a bug but I am not sure if this is a general Thunderbird bug or one that only occures in OS X and it can not be reproduced with every account I have in use.

The possible bug is that you cannot clear the To field of a new email once you have entered an email adress into it.

What I did:
1. Start Thunderbird ->Select New Mail
2. Entered an email adress
3. Noticed that there was an error in it
4. Marked the adress and tryed to delete it with the Delete button ->Adress still in the field
5. Placed the Cursor behind the adress and tryed do go back and delete with the backspace button -> Error -> Cursor did not delete any character, the adress was still wrong and in full in the TO field
6. Changed the account and did steps 1 to 5 but this time Step 5 succeeded and after that switched back to the original account and now there step 5 worked too.

Now every time I Quit and Re-Start Thunderbird another account shows this behaviour or none of my account shows it. That's strange.

At the end one question: What's up with the Offline Feature of the Mozilla Suite. It would be nice to have it back in Thunderbird. With this feautre writing emails offline is much more easier and comftable as it is currently and you needn't disable "Check for new messages every x minutes".

HTH
Eric

macrxnapa

Post Posted May 26th, 2003, 10:31 am

maveric wrote:hi Don,

Second I think I found a bug but I am not sure if this is a general Thunderbird bug or one that only occures in OS X and it can not be reproduced with every account I have in use.

The possible bug is that you cannot clear the To field of a new email once you have entered an email adress into it.

What I did:
1. Start Thunderbird ->Select New Mail
2. Entered an email adress
3. Noticed that there was an error in it
4. Marked the adress and tryed to delete it with the Delete button ->Adress still in the field
5. Placed the Cursor behind the adress and tryed do go back and delete with the backspace button -> Error -> Cursor did not delete any character, the adress was still wrong and in full in the TO field
6. Changed the account and did steps 1 to 5 but this time Step 5 succeeded and after that switched back to the original account and now there step 5 worked too.

Eric

Very good. Yes I also see this behavior. The DELETE key does not work. Selecting the text and typing over it works just fine, however.

The DELETE key in the linux version appears to be working, so this might be a key binding issue.

What do you think, Scott?

Thanks for letting us know about it.

Best regards
Don

macrxnapa

Post Posted May 26th, 2003, 10:35 am

It seems to only affect the To: field. The DELETE key works in other areas.

Curious...

-Don

Return to Thunderbird Builds