MozillaZine

*Experimental* 2003-05-21 Windows Build

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
deep_sky

Post Posted May 23rd, 2003, 12:49 pm

I noticed that the default theme for thunderbird is supposed to be qute, but the original icons are the ones showing up everywhere, except the JS panel. in the preferences menu, there are no icons go with the labels on the left side of the window. is this how it's supposed to be, or is there something I need to do to get things straightened out?
Thanks for any help in advance.....

DizzyWeb

Post Posted May 23rd, 2003, 1:11 pm

As far as I know Arvid is working on a complete Qute theme for Thunderbird.
The author can never, in no way, be held responsible for any harm caused, mental or physical, by reading this post.

MatLeOuf

Post Posted May 23rd, 2003, 1:23 pm

mscott wrote:I was trying to sneak a new build on top of the other one a few minutes ago and I broke that panel. You downloaded it right after I pushed the broken build. Please wait 15 minutes and then try to download the build again.

Perfect, I do no more have this problem :)
Great job!

martind

Post Posted May 23rd, 2003, 5:56 pm

Gena01 wrote:- I am getting the following error in Javascript console when I start thunderbird. (I created a new profile/account for thunderbird on Win2k)
Error: redeclaration of const MSG_FOLDER_FLAG_TRASH
Source File: chrome://messenger/content/commandglue.js
Line: 1

Same with me. Default theme.

tve wrote:Advanced panel should get a scrollbar when expanding the various settings.

I actually have a scrollbar when I expand these sections.

kopi0

Post Posted May 23rd, 2003, 9:41 pm

buckminster wrote:Considering that it happens only with two of the accounts (assuming you have more), I would guess that either the smtp settings or the account settings are somehow corrupt. Do you use different smtp servers for each account, or do they use the same?

To check if it's the account settings:

move any essential e-mail from one of the account's folders, delete the account, close tbird, make sure that the folders associated with that account are gone, start up tbird, recreate the account, try sending a message.

To check if it's the smtp settings:

delete the smtp server settings, recreate them, try sending another message.

Hope this helps.

Hi Buckminister, thanks for your help. I have not method #1, but I have tried method #2 (ie check my smtp setting). I did something similar to #1, ie. I created a new account with a different name, but with the same setting, aka pop, login, passwd...etc. And it still doesn't work. Just can't sent out mail and the strangest problem it hang the app. But I will try your method #1 later to see if it help. Thanks guys.

PS: Am trying to make TB my main mailer, am currently just keeping eudora to send email out for the 2 accts :(

kopi0

Post Posted May 24th, 2003, 2:34 am

kopi0 wrote:
buckminster wrote:Considering that it happens only with two of the accounts (assuming you have more), I would guess that either the smtp settings or the account settings are somehow corrupt. Do you use different smtp servers for each account, or do they use the same?

To check if it's the account settings:

move any essential e-mail from one of the account's folders, delete the account, close tbird, make sure that the folders associated with that account are gone, start up tbird, recreate the account, try sending a message.

To check if it's the smtp settings:

delete the smtp server settings, recreate them, try sending another message.

Hope this helps.

Hi Buckminister, thanks for your help. I have not method #1, but I have tried method #2 (ie check my smtp setting). I did something similar to #1, ie. I created a new account with a different name, but with the same setting, aka pop, login, passwd...etc. And it still doesn't work. Just can't sent out mail and the strangest problem it hang the app. But I will try your method #1 later to see if it help. Thanks guys.

PS: Am trying to make TB my main mailer, am currently just keeping eudora to send email out for the 2 accts :(

Okay, tried out your method #1....still doesn't work :(

Any other suggestions? One of thing I noticed that is different is that the SMTP user name for these two servers are like "user@domain.com" unlike the others I got are like just "user". Could this be the problem?

Thanks.

RIV@NVX

Post Posted May 24th, 2003, 2:38 am

I decided to give it another try (using for Bugmail, where are no non-English mails :)).
It's a really nice work! And it is a great addition to Firebird (new preferences, menues style made it look like Firebird).
Congrats mscott! :D
Why would you even consider to use the OS that is older and more obsolete than your computer?
See, that's just one of the reasons why I pick Linux.

Bolverk

Post Posted May 24th, 2003, 4:33 am

tve wrote:Advanced panel should get a scrollbar when expanding the various settings.

It do for me. But I download it right now, and it seems to be already fixed in recent recompilation.

jd142

Post Posted May 24th, 2003, 4:47 am

Should there be icons on the left hand side in the preferences window? There are in Firebird, but I don't see them in Thunderbird. Windows XP Pro, AMD 1800+, NVidia GeForce MX 32 megs of ram, 512 megs of system ram.

kopi0

Post Posted May 24th, 2003, 6:31 am

jd142 wrote:Should there be icons on the left hand side in the preferences window? There are in Firebird, but I don't see them in Thunderbird. Windows XP Pro, AMD 1800+, NVidia GeForce MX 32 megs of ram, 512 megs of system ram.

I noticed the same thing on my end as well.. no icons.

my setup: win2k, duron800, geforce mx200 32mb ram, 512mb system ram.

ishopnude_com

Post Posted May 24th, 2003, 6:50 am

I'm pretty sure that the intention is to add icons. I think it was mentioned before that they were waiting for someone to put together icons for Thunderbird.

Fuzzle

Post Posted May 24th, 2003, 10:10 am

I love the whole new look, I feel the need to shower praise upon you, I had no clue it was just one of you. This is fantastic.

Ok, for my bug:

When selecting font preferences, I chose all [System Default]. However, when I go back to the fonts prefs, it's changed to actually selecting the default font (Times New Roman for example). Is this supposed to work this way, or is it supposed to simply use the Default font to display it, making it dynamically change with system settings?

drewish

Post Posted May 24th, 2003, 2:19 pm

I really need the offline IMAP mail reading before I can use Thunderbird full time. Are there any plans to implement this anytime soon?

macrxnapa

Post Posted May 24th, 2003, 3:59 pm

mscott wrote:
TychoQuad wrote:Yay! new toolkit!

any eta on the full qute Thunderbird theme yet?

I have zero artistic skills for themework. Arvid, the designer of the qute theme volunteered to work on the theme for Thunderbird. You'd have to ask him how that is coming along.

Is Arvid the artists username in these forums?

Did he make that cool Thunderbird windows icon?

The reason for asking is, I'd like to ask him if there happens to be a tiff or jpeg version from a higher quality original like a photoshop or Illustrator eps file. I'd like the oppertunity to make an OS X icon that scales better.

Thanks

-Don

tve

Post Posted May 24th, 2003, 4:08 pm

macrxnapa wrote:Is Arvid the artists username in these forums?

no, Arvid Axelsson

but kerz made the TB icon (the one with the blue flames), if I remember correctly.
<i>Latest Firefox Trunk & Thunderbird 1.0</i>

Return to Thunderbird Builds