MozillaZine

*Experimental* 2003-05-21 Windows Build

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
Gena01

Post Posted May 22nd, 2003, 12:06 pm

mscott wrote:
Gena01 wrote:
- Any posibility to do the same thing with the Accounts window that is being done with Options?

Gena01

I doubt it. You can have any number of accounts and each account has a set of categories underneath it. It isn't static like a pref's category list. I don't think you can use the same representation for the account manager.

I understand. But I was thinking that the current Accounts dialog window could be simplified in some way. I guess the simplest thing like having an "account list" window with "Add/Edit/Delete" account. and another window for the account details. I also understand that not a lot of people have the same account setup as I have. I have like 4 accounts setup currently (some of them are more for archive purposes). This is just a suggestion (RFE).

Gena01

sgbouwhu

Post Posted May 22nd, 2003, 12:32 pm

I agree with Gena01, at least the window could be modify to lose the Threaded account options since that style is now effectively banned from both Thunder and Firebird. And because all mail accounts have the same settings to adjust, I think that a "new style" options dialog with a dropdown box on top would be a good solution.

MatLeOuf

Post Posted May 22nd, 2003, 4:16 pm

When I go in the Options/Font, there's a red message on a yellow background that says:
Code: Select all
<menuitem value="x-devanagari label="&font.langGroup.devanagari;"/>
with an arrow pointing on langGroup, so I cannot change my font settings...
No other problems...

mscott

Post Posted May 22nd, 2003, 4:44 pm

MatLeOuf wrote:When I go in the Options/Font, there's a red message on a yellow background that says:
No other problems...

I was trying to sneak a new build on top of the other one a few minutes ago and I broke that panel. You downloaded it right after I pushed the broken build. Please wait 15 minutes and then try to download the build again.
Thunderbirds are Go!

David James

Post Posted May 22nd, 2003, 5:39 pm

mscott wrote:
MatLeOuf wrote:When I go in the Options/Font, there's a red message on a yellow background that says:
No other problems...

I was trying to sneak a new build on top of the other one a few minutes ago and I broke that panel. You downloaded it right after I pushed the broken build. Please wait 15 minutes and then try to download the build again.

You know what your problem is Scott? You've got too many over-eager users downloading all the time :)

On the serious side, I'm using Calum's Linux build and I'm getting an error when customizing the toolbars. I'm still trying to build a build that I can run without getting errors.
Pinball-Firefox maintainer.
http://david.jamesnet.ca/
Debian Sid, KDE 3.3

ann-dee-roo

Post Posted May 22nd, 2003, 9:13 pm

Been having this problem since I first started using Thunderbird, but never got around to asking if anyone else could verify it before I filed a bug.

The "Delete messages on server when they are deleted or moved from Inbox" option does not seem to work. I wouldn't have noticed, except that I dual-boot Windows and Linux and use Thunderbird on both. It seems to me that they are deleted from the server when I empty my trash but not when move them from my Inbox. If anyone could verify this bug, my sanity would surely benefit :)

mscott

Post Posted May 23rd, 2003, 12:54 am

superstu75 wrote:The autocomplete worked fine for me in the default theme - but then I changed the theme to another one and the autocomplete stopped working. Changing back to the original theme put it right.

Stuart.

I replaced the build I published yesterday with a new one. This new build contains the fix for autocomplete when using other themes besides the default. So if this was a problem for you, download the build in the 05-21-trunk directory again.
Thunderbirds are Go!

sgbouwhu

Post Posted May 23rd, 2003, 1:35 am

Yay, it works now 8-).

Love you man.

ikelos

Post Posted May 23rd, 2003, 2:15 am

First off, great job Scott! Thanks for everything you're doing for the project...

The latest build works pretty well for me (it's my default mail client), but thought I'd throw in that the options dialog under the Address Book isn't done yet. It shows the addressing option box, but if you select one of the options groups down the side, you can't get back to the addressing options. I'm not sure if addressing needs it's own option group, or whether it could be combined into the address section that's already under advanced...

I also agree that perhaps a dropbox to select the account, and then the static option groups (which are the same for each account, mostly) would be nicer, and fit in more. I'm not sure which would be better from a useability standpoint though. Maybe account tabs between the option area dialog and the buttons would make a better division, so that changing the currently selected account would be more visible than just changing a dropdown box?

Also will there ever be extensions and/or an overhaul of the options at some point in the future (similar to Firebird where they stripped it down to just the essentials)?

Keep up the good work!

Mike

DizzyWeb

Post Posted May 23rd, 2003, 5:00 am

Is it just me or isn't there any way to set the priority when sending/writing an e-mail??
The author can never, in no way, be held responsible for any harm caused, mental or physical, by reading this post.

buckminster

Post Posted May 23rd, 2003, 5:26 am

Under the options menu of a message.

DizzyWeb

Post Posted May 23rd, 2003, 6:12 am

Nevermind, I'm just another idiot.

*smashes his head against the desk*
The author can never, in no way, be held responsible for any harm caused, mental or physical, by reading this post.

mscott

Post Posted May 23rd, 2003, 9:31 am

ikelos wrote:First off, great job Scott! Thanks for everything you're doing for the project...

The latest build works pretty well for me (it's my default mail client), but thought I'd throw in that the options dialog under the Address Book isn't done yet. It shows the addressing option box, but if you select one of the options groups down the side, you can't get back to the addressing options. I'm not sure if addressing needs it's own option group, or whether it could be combined into the address section that's already under advanced...

Also will there ever be extensions and/or an overhaul of the options at some point in the future (similar to Firebird where they stripped it down to just the essentials)?

Keep up the good work!

Mike

Thanks for the support.

Oh I see the addressing issue now. It's pointing to a pref panel I no longer use. I'll take a look.

Yeah there will eventually be extensions support in thunderbird.

Hey didn't I just overhaul pref options for you already? =) I'm sure there will be more tweaking in the future.
Thunderbirds are Go!

kopi0

Post Posted May 23rd, 2003, 11:30 am

hello, I got a strange problem. On two of my email accounts, when I try to send a mail out, it hang the whole app,....at the end need to kill the process. I have checked that the smtp server are up and I can send out email using my Eudora client. Any suggestions on where I should look?

Thanks.

buckminster

Post Posted May 23rd, 2003, 12:06 pm

Considering that it happens only with two of the accounts (assuming you have more), I would guess that either the smtp settings or the account settings are somehow corrupt. Do you use different smtp servers for each account, or do they use the same?

To check if it's the account settings:

move any essential e-mail from one of the account's folders, delete the account, close tbird, make sure that the folders associated with that account are gone, start up tbird, recreate the account, try sending a message.

To check if it's the smtp settings:

delete the smtp server settings, recreate them, try sending another message.

Hope this helps.

Return to Thunderbird Builds