MozillaZine

New Mac OS X Build

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
macrxnapa

User avatar
 
Posts: 246
Joined: May 5th, 2003, 12:47 pm

Post Posted May 20th, 2003, 5:15 am

Ok, I suspect it has to do with the fact that the add option is incorrect. Perhaps the right idea, but the wrong form of the command. BTW, I noticed you had iconv and libiconv in the list. Only one or the other is needed, not both.

At this point I'm not sure what the correct command should look like, but one idea for a workaround I do have, is to ccompile Thunderbird as a static lib app, so the EU doesn't have to have ldcompat installed.

Many apologies, but thanks for trying.

-Don

macrxnapa

User avatar
 
Posts: 246
Joined: May 5th, 2003, 12:47 pm

Post Posted May 20th, 2003, 10:09 am

This troubleshooter will now go huddle in his own corner of the world and have a piece of humble pie...

Tofa
 
Posts: 19
Joined: May 8th, 2003, 2:32 am
Location: Roma, Italy

Post Posted May 21st, 2003, 5:20 am

macrxnapa wrote:Many apologies, but thanks for trying.
Thanks to you! Your support has been invaluable.

Just fyi (and for the throubleshooter when he wake up from sleep mode :) ): compiling mozilla from a clean source (and "vanilla" .mozconfig) in my environment (with libdl.dylib present) leads also to a Mozilla.app dependent from libdl.dylib... so the problem is not related to Thunderbird but to the mozilla trunk... I filed a comment under Mozilla Bugs forum (http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=84965)... May be someone from there can help me to solve the problem (not a very BIG problem, in some way, but a disturbing one).

Thank you again!

macrxnapa

User avatar
 
Posts: 246
Joined: May 5th, 2003, 12:47 pm

Post Posted May 21st, 2003, 3:58 pm

Tofa wrote:
macrxnapa wrote:Many apologies, but thanks for trying.
Thanks to you! Your support has been invaluable.

Just fyi (and for the throubleshooter when he wake up from sleep mode :) ): compiling mozilla from a clean source (and "vanilla" .mozconfig) in my environment (with libdl.dylib present) leads also to a Mozilla.app dependent from libdl.dylib... so the problem is not related to Thunderbird but to the mozilla trunk... I filed a comment under Mozilla Bugs forum (http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=84965)... May be someone from there can help me to solve the problem (not a very BIG problem, in some way, but a disturbing one).

Thank you again!


I have a feeling the answer is so incredibly simple, that it's hiding under our noses.

There has to be some way to turn that switch off, to allow the Mozilla project to co-exist with your Open Office efforts.

Taking one more look at your message above, I realize that my suggested disable command may only apply to the dlopen check, but not the dlopen -ldl check. One might tend to believe that --disable-dlopen would apply to both, since they appear to be related. But this, of course, doesn't necessarily have to be the case.

There are likely other methods of dealing with this, given Makes rather incredible level of flexability. Unfortunatly, I don't have enough knowlege/experience with this to offer further ideas. I do, however, continue to look at LXR for other clues as the oppertunity arises, for my own education.

Best -Don

Return to Thunderbird Builds


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest