MozillaZine

Not so new addon to compact header pane in Thunderbird

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
tanstaafl_bh
 
Posts: 602
Joined: July 29th, 2003, 7:49 am

Post Posted June 22nd, 2016, 3:33 am

Hello, I'm experiencing a bug that happens on only a few messages, most are fine.

On these problematic messages, the compacted header - which should be two lines (that is how I have mine set) - has a large amount of empty grey space below the two lines.

Most messages are fine, this only happens on certain emails.

I can provide a sample email exhibiting the problem on request...

tanstaafl_bh
 
Posts: 602
Joined: July 29th, 2003, 7:49 am

Post Posted April 8th, 2017, 11:02 am

So, apparently the Addon author is no longer supporting CompactHeader?

Bummer. Very bummer.

L.A.R. Grizzly

User avatar
 
Posts: 5313
Joined: March 15th, 2005, 5:32 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio, USA

Post Posted May 1st, 2017, 7:33 am

tanstaafl_bh wrote:So, apparently the Addon author is no longer supporting CompactHeader?

Bummer. Very bummer.


It appears to still being in development. The author has a 2.1.1beta1 available if you choose to try it out.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 27.6.2, Firefox 52.5.0esr, SeaMonkey 2.48, FossaMail 38.6.0 and Thunderbird 52.5.0

tanstaafl_bh
 
Posts: 602
Joined: July 29th, 2003, 7:49 am

Post Posted May 1st, 2017, 7:38 am

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:
tanstaafl_bh wrote:So, apparently the Addon author is no longer supporting CompactHeader?

Bummer. Very bummer.


It appears to still being in development. The author has a 2.1.1beta1 available if you choose to try it out.

That was released over 2 YEARS ago.

We have very different ideas of what constitutes 'in development'.

L.A.R. Grizzly

User avatar
 
Posts: 5313
Joined: March 15th, 2005, 5:32 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio, USA

Post Posted May 1st, 2017, 8:03 am

tanstaafl_bh wrote:That was released over 2 YEARS ago.

We have very different ideas of what constitutes 'in development'.


Oops! I guess you're correct. I jumped the gun and didn't notice the release date. Sorry about that!
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 27.6.2, Firefox 52.5.0esr, SeaMonkey 2.48, FossaMail 38.6.0 and Thunderbird 52.5.0

Cai

User avatar
 
Posts: 10
Joined: June 10th, 2005, 11:50 am
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Post Posted September 29th, 2017, 11:38 pm

2.1.3beta

Please do not translate the accesskeys in preferences.dtd for ja locale.
"設", "メ", "フ" etc. cannot be used for accesskey.

<!ENTITY CompactHeader_dialog.title "CompactHeader 設定">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_dialog.accessKey "P">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_checkbox.Compact.TwolineView.caption "2 行表示">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_checkbox.Compact.TwolineView.accessKey "c">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_menu.Linkify.caption "RSS フィードとニュースグループの件名にリンクを設定する">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_menu.Linkify.accessKey "s">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_menu.ShowOnlyAddress.caption "メールアドレスのみ表示">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_menu.ShowOnlyAddress.accessKey "a">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_menu.flatButtons.caption "フラットボタン">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_menu.flatButtons.accessKey "b">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_menu.dblclick_header.caption "ダブルクリックでヘッダ表示を切り替える">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_menu.dblclick_header.accessKey "h">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_menu.darken_on_focus.caption "メッセージペインにフォーカスが移った時にヘッダ表示部を暗くする">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_menu.darken_on_focus.accessKey "D">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_radiobox.ToolbarPosition.caption "ツールバーの位置">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_radiobox.ToolbarPosition.left "左">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_radiobox.ToolbarPosition.left.accessKey "l">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_radiobox.ToolbarPosition.top "上">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_radiobox.ToolbarPosition.top.accessKey "t">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_radiobox.ToolbarPosition.right "右">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_radiobox.ToolbarPosition.right.accessKey "r">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_radiobox.ToolbarPosition.none "非表示">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_radiobox.ToolbarPosition.none.accessKey "i">
MozillaZine.jp site admin

jmozmoz
 
Posts: 348
Joined: August 3rd, 2009, 12:28 pm

Post Posted October 4th, 2017, 3:50 pm

Thank you very much for your help. I changed it back (and released the version 2.1.3beta6).

For unkown reasons, all my addons disappered from babelzilla.

Cai wrote:2.1.3beta

Please do not translate the accesskeys in preferences.dtd for ja locale.
"設", "メ", "フ" etc. cannot be used for accesskey.

<!ENTITY CompactHeader_dialog.title "CompactHeader 設定">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_dialog.accessKey "P">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_checkbox.Compact.TwolineView.caption "2 行表示">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_checkbox.Compact.TwolineView.accessKey "c">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_menu.Linkify.caption "RSS フィードとニュースグループの件名にリンクを設定する">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_menu.Linkify.accessKey "s">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_menu.ShowOnlyAddress.caption "メールアドレスのみ表示">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_menu.ShowOnlyAddress.accessKey "a">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_menu.flatButtons.caption "フラットボタン">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_menu.flatButtons.accessKey "b">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_menu.dblclick_header.caption "ダブルクリックでヘッダ表示を切り替える">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_menu.dblclick_header.accessKey "h">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_menu.darken_on_focus.caption "メッセージペインにフォーカスが移った時にヘッダ表示部を暗くする">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_menu.darken_on_focus.accessKey "D">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_radiobox.ToolbarPosition.caption "ツールバーの位置">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_radiobox.ToolbarPosition.left "左">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_radiobox.ToolbarPosition.left.accessKey "l">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_radiobox.ToolbarPosition.top "上">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_radiobox.ToolbarPosition.top.accessKey "t">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_radiobox.ToolbarPosition.right "右">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_radiobox.ToolbarPosition.right.accessKey "r">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_radiobox.ToolbarPosition.none "非表示">
<!ENTITY CompactHeader_radiobox.ToolbarPosition.none.accessKey "i">

GuruSR
 
Posts: 1
Joined: December 7th, 2017, 9:40 pm

Post Posted December 7th, 2017, 9:49 pm

I am so hoping you can assist with your add-on. I have a person who is visually challenged (~10% vision) and uses the keyboard (tab) to go between sections, sadly the Thunderbird message header has soooo many tabs on it, it takes way too many tabs to get past it, just to get to the message so the reader can say the message. (All the while the reader is saying what they hit the caret at, which is a spamfest of object names and form information.)

If it is possible, can this add-on offer a "hide the message header" option, or at least offer a "tab over" mode where nothing can be tabbed to (this obviously would disable the buttons which would be useful in this situation as the person can't see them anyways).

I've scoured the Config Editor and haven't found any means of removing the header when the message is visible, it would be nice if it was there, just not tab-worthy, so the person could tab from the message list right into the body to read there (as the message list is read, gives sender and subject, plus date), which means the person knows what it's about and doesn't need to spam tab into the message body. I did try it with the header on as compact as possible and it tabbed to too many places (subject, email, the star and the date). I'm hoping you can assist in this, as the person really needs to communicate with email and the only means is by using the keyboard, since the person cannot see the mouse.

GuruSR.

jmozmoz
 
Posts: 348
Joined: August 3rd, 2009, 12:28 pm

Post Posted Yesterday, 3:38 pm

You can remove the buttons by right clicking on/over them and then moving them into the customization window. You can also open the compact header preference window and select the one-line header. Does this help you?

GuruSR wrote:I am so hoping you can assist with your add-on. I have a person who is visually challenged (~10% vision) and uses the keyboard (tab) to go between sections, sadly the Thunderbird message header has soooo many tabs on it, it takes way too many tabs to get past it, just to get to the message so the reader can say the message. (All the while the reader is saying what they hit the caret at, which is a spamfest of object names and form information.)

If it is possible, can this add-on offer a "hide the message header" option, or at least offer a "tab over" mode where nothing can be tabbed to (this obviously would disable the buttons which would be useful in this situation as the person can't see them anyways).

I've scoured the Config Editor and haven't found any means of removing the header when the message is visible, it would be nice if it was there, just not tab-worthy, so the person could tab from the message list right into the body to read there (as the message list is read, gives sender and subject, plus date), which means the person knows what it's about and doesn't need to spam tab into the message body. I did try it with the header on as compact as possible and it tabbed to too many places (subject, email, the star and the date). I'm hoping you can assist in this, as the person really needs to communicate with email and the only means is by using the keyboard, since the person cannot see the mouse.

GuruSR.

Return to Thunderbird Builds


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest