MozillaZine

Recipients failed permanently

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
Zingere

Post Posted July 10th, 2019, 8:00 am

Hi, I have two cousins in Pescia Italy that live in the same town with the same provider alice.it. I can't send mail to one of these addresses.
I receive a response that the recipient failed permanently. There is a very long and confusing message that I do not understand. Is there a way to correct what ever is causing the Permanent Error. I cant tell if it is my provider or their provider. This did work at one time a couple of years back. Then suddenly this error started. The response that I receive has a lot of code numbers and abbreviations and techy words that I do not understand. What can I do?

DanRaisch

Post Posted July 10th, 2019, 8:02 am

The error would be on their provider's side.
Have you confirmed with your cousin that the email address you have for them is still valid?

Zingere

Post Posted July 10th, 2019, 8:40 am

Yes their address is still good. If I send them through yahoo they receive the emails. Is it possible that their provider thinks that the message is spam?

DanRaisch

Post Posted July 10th, 2019, 3:06 pm

That is possible. Is there an attachment to the message you are trying to send them? If so, have you tried sending a simple message in text format with no attachment?

Return to Thunderbird General