MozillaZine

How to edit filetypes for 511 build

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
schwank

Post Posted May 12th, 2003, 3:45 pm

Options panel lacks ability to map types and extensions to external apps... am I waiting for .6 milestone to get these option panels back, or can I enable the panel in the 511 nightly somehow? Would just use .5, but I need the NTLM stuff from the nightlies...

win32 build, xp pro - just trying to map .pls to winamp so i can quick change shoutcast channels while cranking out code...

schwank

cluelessnewbie

Post Posted May 12th, 2003, 4:21 pm

schwank wrote:Options panel lacks ability to map types and extensions to external apps... am I waiting for .6 milestone to get these option panels back, or can I enable the panel in the 511 nightly somehow? Would just use .5, but I need the NTLM stuff from the nightlies...

win32 build, xp pro - just trying to map .pls to winamp so i can quick change shoutcast channels while cranking out code...

schwank

Probably there other ways to do what you want, but I've seen this floating around and maybe it helps.
Enter the following to the address bar
chrome://communicator/content/pref/pref.xul
to bring up the old style preferences window. Go to the Navigator tree and see if you can make the change in the Helper Apps section.

Hth

schwank

Post Posted May 13th, 2003, 12:45 pm

Thanks a ton... works like a charm!!!

Return to Firefox Builds