MozillaZine

TBE (1.6.2003021201) problem

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Warduke
 
Posts: 630
Joined: November 4th, 2002, 7:49 pm

Post Posted February 12th, 2003, 7:36 pm

I wanted to ask if anyone esle had problems with TBE (ver.1.6.2003021201)?

I downloaded it last night, all everything seemed ok, but today when I tried posting on an ezboard, I got an error, same thing when I tried to edit a post or use some of the management tools (I'm a mod there) and then I also found that I couldn't post at Mozillanews.org.
So I thought it might be a corrupted profile, after trying a new profile and seeing that it didn't help, I deleted TBE and everything was fine after that.

I have since gotten an older version of TBE (1.6.20030108) and everything is fine, so has anyone else had any problems with this new version of TBE?

I'm using 1.2.1 on Win98SE.
Firefox : One Browser to Rule Them All.

CappuchinoMan
 
Posts: 223
Joined: November 14th, 2002, 5:50 pm

Post Posted February 12th, 2003, 11:39 pm

I have found the author of TBE to be extremely helpful and prompt in fixing problems. Here is his email address: piro@p.club.ne.jp

The only thing I'm seeing so far with the latest TBE is a problem checkmarking the context menu options. They all remain unchecked.

Warduke
 
Posts: 630
Joined: November 4th, 2002, 7:49 pm

Post Posted February 12th, 2003, 11:50 pm

Thanks, I'll email him right now.

And I forgot that, the context menu options was doing that for me too.
Firefox : One Browser to Rule Them All.

davidp

User avatar
 
Posts: 29
Joined: November 9th, 2002, 8:10 pm
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Post Posted February 14th, 2003, 5:14 pm

Warduke wrote:I wanted to ask if anyone esle had problems with TBE (ver.1.6.2003021201)?

I downloaded it last night, all everything seemed ok, but today when I tried posting on an ezboard, I got an error, [...]


I had the same sort of problems with it, I couldn't post on an EZboard either. But it took me forever to diagnose TBE as the problem. I installed 1.3b at the same time I installed the new TBE, and thought it was a Mozilla problem for the longest time. I finally got suspicious when my formerly working 1.3a and Phoenix installs also stopped working when I installed the updated TBE there.

I love the tabbrowser extensions, and I find them invaluable. I hope Piro's able to fix whatever went wrong.

Warduke
 
Posts: 630
Joined: November 4th, 2002, 7:49 pm

Post Posted February 15th, 2003, 11:07 am

Piro replied to my email...

Hi, thanks for report.
I've removed the codes to control POST data added in the latest
version.
so I'll release the next version with this fix as soon.

regards,


Can't wait for the next one ;)
Firefox : One Browser to Rule Them All.

Goldzilla

User avatar
 
Posts: 2579
Joined: November 22nd, 2002, 6:52 pm

Post Posted February 15th, 2003, 7:56 pm

I keep the XPIs for both Context and TabBrowser in case I run into a problem and it takes a while for Piro to fix something. It's also useful when I want to install it on additional machines.

Return to Extension Development


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest