MozillaZine

Mozilla-style font-size selector

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Vigil

Post Posted January 31st, 2003, 3:20 am

Apologies if this has been requested before, but I tried a forum search and came up with nothing.

Bring back the Mozilla font-size selector, I say! I find the NS4-style increase/decrease clumsy. I much prefer the drop-down percentage selector from Mozilla, since not only can I see the effective increase/decrease (I'm a web developer, it comes in handy) but I can also instantly flip back to the default 100% size or pick any increment I want for testing. And of course, the hotkeys are still there for people who want to use them.

I understand most Phoenix users are happy with the font-size selection as-is, which is why I'm asking for an extension rather than a feature. It shouldn't be that hard to patch the old font-selector code into an extension form?

seb

Post Posted January 31st, 2003, 3:26 am

You can flip back to the default 100% by hitting ctrl + 0.

Vigil

Post Posted January 31st, 2003, 3:38 am

Well, that's great, but keyboard commands aren't really my bag baby ;) For me, having 3 keyboard commands for font size is like having to cycle through your window tabs with the arrow key and no tab labels.
And as I said before it's useful to know the precise size you're on, for calculating font-sizes to specify in a stylesheet.

Return to Extension Development