MozillaZine

digger extention doesnt work for user

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Cattwins
 
Posts: 12
Joined: December 23rd, 2002, 2:11 pm

Post Posted December 24th, 2002, 2:40 pm

I installed digger extention last night and it will only work for root. I installed it as root because when I tried installing as a user I got a "you cant do that because you dont have enough permissions" message (that is not the exact message) Any how, the extention shows up in the Themes and Extentions tab under preferences but there isnt a button.

What to do?

PS --digger does work as root

alanjstr
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 9100
Joined: November 5th, 2002, 4:43 pm
Location: Anywhere but here

Post Posted December 24th, 2002, 2:44 pm

chmod

Search the Phoenix forums for help on identifying what to chmod.
Former UMO Admin, Former MozillaZine General Mod
I am rarely on mozillaZine, so please do not send me a private message.
My Old Firefox config files

Cattwins
 
Posts: 12
Joined: December 23rd, 2002, 2:11 pm

Post Posted December 24th, 2002, 4:16 pm

Thanks for the info. However, didnt help.

What are the permissions supposed to be? I did the chmod -R a+rX for the /usr/lib/phoenix and it still didnt do anything. The extion doesnt show up in View>Toolbars>Customize portion but the extion is listed under the Tools>Preferences>Themes and Extentions tab.

I guess it is not that important. The rest of the browser works.

C

hr824
 
Posts: 3
Joined: December 28th, 2002, 4:24 am

Post Posted December 28th, 2002, 4:28 am

I have found the resolution to your problem. Go to /usr/lib/phoenix/chrome/. If you have digger installed, you should see a digger.jar file in this directory. As root run the command "chmod 644 digger.jar". Then restart phoenix and you'll have access to digger!

Cattwins
 
Posts: 12
Joined: December 23rd, 2002, 2:11 pm

Post Posted December 30th, 2002, 1:25 am

Hey Thanks for the suggestion...however, I did try that and it didnt work either. I have tried deleting the whole .phoenix directory from my home directory and it didnt help either.

However, I did deleted my .java folder and I think that maybe that helped because I suddenly have the digger extention working. Go figure. I am not sure if that was it exactly but since it was the only other thing that I had not tried before and did try this time I am guessing that is the thing.

Thanks for the help

C

AkiAki007

User avatar
 
Posts: 262
Joined: December 9th, 2002, 3:15 pm
Location: New York, NY, USA

Post Posted December 30th, 2002, 7:07 am

You should also check to see if the proper permissions are on the phoenix directory - rather, where the extension files are located. You might not have had permission on the directories (even if the files are correct).

Cattwins
 
Posts: 12
Joined: December 23rd, 2002, 2:11 pm

Post Posted December 30th, 2002, 1:01 pm

Yea, I thought that too but even with the permissions changed it didnt help. It works now and I am glad.

Deleting the java file seemed to have worked.

C

Return to Extension Development


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest