MozillaZine

mouse gestures

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
eusebius

Post Posted December 15th, 2002, 3:17 pm

I installed the mouse gesture and rocker extensions on Phoenix 0.5, then restarted Phoenix as directed. The promised gestures and rocking don't work. Is there something else I must do to get them to work?

flii

Post Posted December 15th, 2002, 4:21 pm

eusebius

Post Posted December 16th, 2002, 1:00 am

Thank you, but the link does not address the problem (I have no middle mouse button). I really liked using the mouse gestures and "rocking" (or whatever it's called) in Phoenix 0.4. With Phoenix 0.5, I downloaded the extensions, was told the installation was successful, and to restart Phoenix. I did so, and saw the extension was listed and enabled under Tools/Preferences/Themes and Extensions. But the mouse gestures still don't work!--I mean things like right click and move mouse to the left to go back a page, or right click-left click, ditto. I`ll go back to 0.4 if I have to, but was hoping someone could explain how to get the mouse gestures and rocking to work in 0.5.

GeekK

Post Posted December 16th, 2002, 2:24 am

Use the left mouse button to perform the gestures.

I understand that the extension was originally designed for Mozilla, and so not everything is implemented yet for Phoenix. Including the options, which you could use to set the right button to perform the gestures.

Left mouse button is default, apparently....

Well, I got myself used to it for as long as it is needed ;)

Mmmmmm... watch this: http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2082

mboullet

Post Posted December 16th, 2002, 9:01 am

Mouse gesture and rocker extensions CANNOT work at the same time.
Rocker extension was something Ted & I wrote for thoise who don't like mouse
gesture. It's's buggy (it works today because of the Mozilla bug that fires onclick
events even with the middle and right button).

I wrote a corrected version and a version of mouse gesture with rocker, but unfortunately
my laptop was stolen this week-end in my car and I have to rewrite everything. At least, I'm
back online.
Marc

Stefan

Post Posted December 16th, 2002, 9:06 am

mboullet wrote:I wrote a corrected version and a version of mouse gesture with rocker, but unfortunately
my laptop was stolen this week-end in my car and I have to rewrite everything.

:(

eusebius

Post Posted December 16th, 2002, 12:12 pm

This is really interesting to follow--what I can of it. I've little technological knowledge; are Phoenix 0.4 and 0.5 so different from each other that mouse gestures work in the earlier version but not in the later? I downloaded the optimoz mouse tool that allows gestures AND rocking on to 0.4 and it worked beautifully. The download of the same tool into 0.5 was dead on arrival. Oh well, I hope things improve for 0.6, meantime I'll go back to 0.4.

Ted Mielczarek

Post Posted December 16th, 2002, 1:25 pm

mboullet wrote:Mouse gesture and rocker extensions CANNOT work at the same time.
Rocker extension was something Ted & I wrote for thoise who don't like mouse
gesture. It's's buggy (it works today because of the Mozilla bug that fires onclick
events even with the middle and right button).

I wrote a corrected version and a version of mouse gesture with rocker, but unfortunately
my laptop was stolen this week-end in my car and I have to rewrite everything. At least, I'm
back online.

Ouch, that's unfortunate. How much work did you actually lose?

Return to Extension Development