MozillaZine

RadialContext for Phoenix updated

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
jeti

Post Posted December 8th, 2002, 2:19 am

Hi!

I just wanted everyone to know that I've updated RadialContext for Phoenix. I haven't finished testing, but it looks like everything, including the prefs panel, is working fine again.

You can grab it at www.gamemakers.de/mozilla/radialcontext/ .

Enjoy, Jens

jeti

Post Posted December 8th, 2002, 3:39 pm

I'm afraid the first version didn't work on Linux.
All Linux users can get the fixed package at the
normal location:
www.gamemakers.de/mozilla/radialcontext/ .

Sorry, Jens

CDS

Post Posted December 12th, 2002, 8:26 pm

The new radialContext works great here (windows XP, Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20021207 Phoenix/0.5)

I wanted to give a HUGE THANK YOU for the "Open radial menu only when dragging" option. it's EXACTLY what I needed to make radialcontext useful for me. I love the ability to get at the rightmouse menu AND RC without requiring any extra keystrokes.

Frequently when I'm surfing, I have one hand on the mouse and the other hand on the armrest of my chair -- ie I don't have a hand on the keyboard. The new RC "open when dragging" option allows FULL navigation functionality without requiring me to lift a finger :)

Your work is greatly appreciated.

Curt

shimage

Post Posted December 14th, 2002, 5:22 pm

CDS wrote:[...]I wanted to give a HUGE THANK YOU for the "Open radial menu only when dragging" option. it's EXACTLY what I needed to make radialcontext useful for me. I love the ability to get at the rightmouse menu AND RC without requiring any extra keystrokes.
[...]
Your work is greatly appreciated.

Curt

that was actually there from before. but i will join you in thanking Jens for adding the preferences to the phoenix advanced preferences! it makes it a LOT easier to configure now. oh yeah, and thanks for making the extension in the first place! along with TBE, it's the only extension i really feel like i <i>need</i>. life just isn't the same without it...

CDS

Post Posted December 15th, 2002, 12:20 pm

shimage wrote:that was actually there from before. but i will join you in thanking Jens for adding the preferences to the phoenix advanced preferences! it makes it a LOT easier to configure now. oh yeah, and thanks for making the extension in the first place! along with TBE, it's the only extension i really feel like i <i>need</i>. life just isn't the same without it...

It was? I must have either (A) had an old version, or (B) just plain missed it :)

Curt

Return to Extension Development