MozillaZine

No google Tool bar but weird Phoenix!

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Bomfunk

Post Posted November 28th, 2002, 6:59 am

Hi!

I am pretty new to Mozilla and Phoenix but the browser is working great except that I missed my Google Toolbar. So I went to the Mozilla google toolbar site to install the thing (newest version) I click the install button. Everything goes fine except after I restart my browser. Now at the bottom of the window there is a blank space of about 6-7 lines with one line of red text saying <menuitem id="view_gg_menuitem" --^

I can't get it away either and it's taking away valuable space on my monitor. What is the problem?? I use Phoenix 0.4 on Win98.

Thanks in advance...
Bomfunk

laszlo

Post Posted November 28th, 2002, 11:14 am

lynchknot

Post Posted November 29th, 2002, 2:23 pm

Without reading those links, I had the same problem - several times! I had to re-install Phoenix a couple of times, because I did not know what to do. Now i'm afraid to even try any extensions (mouse gestures did not work either)
I have tabs ext. and preferences - that's it.

lee

Post Posted November 30th, 2002, 11:57 am

lynchknot wrote:Without reading those links, I had the same problem - several times! I had to re-install Phoenix a couple of times, because I did not know what to do. Now i'm afraid to even try any extensions (mouse gestures did not work either)
I have tabs ext. and preferences - that's it.

I get the same result for the 4.6 RC3 Mozilla install and the http://phoenixhelp.cjb.net/ Phoenix install, but the 4.6 RC2 install for Mozilla works perfectly on my windows installation of Phoenix. Couldn't live without it.

See http://googlebar.mozdev.org/installation.html Install the RC2 not the RC3 and see if it works.

kelu

Post Posted December 8th, 2002, 2:41 am

I tried the RC2, it produces the same bug ("<menuitem id=...")
:(

sed23

Post Posted December 8th, 2002, 6:06 am

i got it to work ,by installing version 0.4.6 rc3 first, where i also got the error message,then i installed version 0.4.5 over the top and restarted,error message gone,googlebar working? it worked in both windows xp and linux. steve

kelu

Post Posted December 9th, 2002, 5:42 am

I did that and it worked !!!
thx !
just the google logo is really distorded.

:)

old Neil Parks

Post Posted December 9th, 2002, 12:39 pm

Using Win ME, several recent nightlies and 0.5 milestone, the following WFM:

Install googlebar 0.46 RC 2, and exit Phoenix. Reopen Phoenix, and googlebar works. Then install 0.46 RC 3, and exit Phoenix. Reopen Phoenix and googlebar still works.

YMMV.

Return to Extension Development