MozillaZine

Camino Nighty Still Going?

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

MichaelTheGeek
 
Posts: 2
Joined: June 3rd, 2013, 8:28 pm

Post Posted June 3rd, 2013, 8:33 pm

I just check the nightly site and I still see update to it. Who is updating them?

Link. http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/camino/nightly/

James
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 26955
Joined: June 18th, 2003, 3:07 pm
Location: Made in Canada

Post Posted June 3rd, 2013, 9:03 pm

It may just be automated builds as Camino is no longer being developed.

It has been 2.1.3pre for a while now and according to http://hg.mozilla.org/camino/shortlog no activity since February.

Samuel Sidler
Camino Developer
 
Posts: 339
Joined: March 22nd, 2005, 5:52 pm
Location: Mountain View, CA, USA

Post Posted June 3rd, 2013, 10:12 pm

Nightly builds are automatic. We need to get them turned off, but I haven't had time to do so.

MichaelTheGeek
 
Posts: 2
Joined: June 3rd, 2013, 8:28 pm

Post Posted June 4th, 2013, 12:14 am

Ok thanks.

haleakalari

User avatar
 
Posts: 108
Joined: October 28th, 2007, 12:52 pm
Location: new york

Post Posted June 5th, 2013, 7:33 pm

Samuel Sidler wrote:Nightly builds are automatic. We need to get them turned off, but I haven't had time to do so.


Don't turn them off! Let the automated builds go on forever, as a testament to the glory days of Camino!
the bemonstering of your ganache awaits!

Samuel Sidler
Camino Developer
 
Posts: 339
Joined: March 22nd, 2005, 5:52 pm
Location: Mountain View, CA, USA

Post Posted June 5th, 2013, 10:09 pm

Unfortunately, it's not worth keeping nightly builds on. It's a waste of computers, energy, and colo space (among other things). Since we're not checking anything into Camino's source tree, it doesn't really matter either.

Samuel Sidler
Camino Developer
 
Posts: 339
Joined: March 22nd, 2005, 5:52 pm
Location: Mountain View, CA, USA

Post Posted June 6th, 2013, 11:07 am

These machines have been shutdown and will no longer produce builds.

haleakalari

User avatar
 
Posts: 108
Joined: October 28th, 2007, 12:52 pm
Location: new york

Post Posted June 7th, 2013, 2:38 pm

Samuel Sidler wrote:These machines have been shutdown and will no longer produce builds.

I will continue using the June 6th 2013 build on my tiger box 'til the day I die! I also extended its usability by making a minor alteration to the user agent, so now google reverse image search plays nice with Camino. Thanks again for everything.
the bemonstering of your ganache awaits!

Alb123
 
Posts: 11
Joined: September 20th, 2012, 9:20 am

Post Posted July 7th, 2013, 6:26 am

Sorry about the news that Camino is discontinued. I am using it with my Mac mini G4 PPC OS X Tiger and find it very good. It seems to me faster than Safari, so if Camino Nightly is still going I wouldn't stop it at all.

James
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 26955
Joined: June 18th, 2003, 3:07 pm
Location: Made in Canada

Post Posted July 7th, 2013, 3:44 pm

Alb123 wrote:...so if Camino Nightly is still going I wouldn't stop it at all.

Samuel Sidler wrote:These machines have been shutdown and will no longer produce builds.

They were automated builds with no activity since February as mentioned in thread.

upkeep

User avatar
 
Posts: 69
Joined: April 21st, 2008, 4:06 pm
Location: Toronto, CANADA

Post Posted August 10th, 2013, 5:14 pm

haleakalari wrote:
Samuel Sidler wrote:These machines have been shutdown and will no longer produce builds.

I will continue using the June 6th 2013 build on my tiger box 'til the day I die! I also extended its usability by making a minor alteration to the user agent, so now google reverse image search plays nice with Camino. Thanks again for everything.


That's commitment, alright! :mrgreen: =D>

That said, I am going to proceed using that version for awhile as well. As far as it can get me anyhow. So far is is verrrry smooth.

Just out of curiosity, what 'minor alteration' did you make to the user agent. I'd be keen to know.

LoudNoise
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 40048
Joined: October 18th, 2007, 1:45 pm
Location: Next door to the west

Post Posted August 10th, 2013, 6:08 pm

It likely has a good deal of known vulnerabilities by now.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."

haleakalari

User avatar
 
Posts: 108
Joined: October 28th, 2007, 12:52 pm
Location: new york

Post Posted August 12th, 2013, 1:44 pm

upkeep wrote:
haleakalari wrote:
Samuel Sidler wrote:These machines have been shutdown and will no longer produce builds.

I will continue using the June 6th 2013 build on my tiger box 'til the day I die! I also extended its usability by making a minor alteration to the user agent, so now google reverse image search plays nice with Camino. Thanks again for everything.


That's commitment, alright! :mrgreen: =D>

That said, I am going to proceed using that version for awhile as well. As far as it can get me anyhow. So far is is verrrry smooth.

Just out of curiosity, what 'minor alteration' did you make to the user agent. I'd be keen to know.

i think you may have it done already! just replaced the like section with this:
Code: Select all
(like Firefox/9.0.1)
the bemonstering of your ganache awaits!

upkeep

User avatar
 
Posts: 69
Joined: April 21st, 2008, 4:06 pm
Location: Toronto, CANADA

Post Posted August 13th, 2013, 6:30 am

LoudNoise wrote:It likely has a good deal of known vulnerabilities by now.


Most likely. It seems that if a browser isn't updated 'near-hourly' the nasties are going to try to get through. Pity, isn't it? :wink:

upkeep

User avatar
 
Posts: 69
Joined: April 21st, 2008, 4:06 pm
Location: Toronto, CANADA

Post Posted August 13th, 2013, 6:34 am

haleakalari wrote:i think you may have it done already! just replaced the like section with this:
Code: Select all
(like Firefox/9.0.1)


I thought that may have been it. Thanx.

Return to Camino


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest