MozillaZine


Cannot logon

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
Butch76
Guest
 

Post Posted September 26th, 2021, 1:19 pm

I was trying to register and after I hit the submit button I was told that the email address I entered was already used. I do not remember what my username was originally. I just entered
a pseudo username so that my post will be seen. If admin could please either reset my account or email me my username I would appreciate it. I tried to register with my other
email address and was told that email address was also in use. So that tell me I can't log on and I don't know what true username I was using.

Thanks.

Guest
Guest
 

Post Posted September 26th, 2021, 1:25 pm

Butch76 wrote:I was trying to register and after I hit the submit button I was told that the email address I entered was already used. I do not remember what my username was originally. I just entered
a pseudo username so that my post will be seen. If admin could please either reset my account or email me my username I would appreciate it. I tried to register with my other
email address and was told that email address was also in use. So that tell me I can't log on and I don't know what true username I was using.

Thanks.



Image

Butch76
Guest
 

Post Posted September 26th, 2021, 1:57 pm

Admin: please delete the previous attached screen shots ^ from all my last posts concerning my cannot logon issue.

I see that I cannot delete posts here only replies.

My email addy:

ijdjr AT ATT Dot Net

When logging on it states that email addy is already in use.


Trying to logon here:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/ucp.php?mode=login

Do not recall original username. I think the big issue is not having what ever username I originally used.

Thanks

Guest
Guest
 

Post Posted September 26th, 2021, 2:17 pm

Guest wrote:
Butch76 wrote:I was trying to register and after I hit the submit button I was told that the email address I entered was already used. I do not remember what my username was originally. I just entered
a pseudo username so that my post will be seen. If admin could please either reset my account or email me my username I would appreciate it. I tried to register with my other
email address and was told that email address was also in use. So that tell me I can't log on and I don't know what true username I was using.

Thanks.





Guest
Guest
 

Post Posted September 26th, 2021, 2:19 pm

Guest wrote:
Butch76 wrote:I was trying to register and after I hit the submit button I was told that the email address I entered was already used. I do not remember what my username was originally. I just entered
a pseudo username so that my post will be seen. If admin could please either reset my account or email me my username I would appreciate it. I tried to register with my other
email address and was told that email address was also in use. So that tell me I can't log on and I don't know what true username I was using.

Thanks.

James
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 27832
Joined: June 18th, 2003, 3:07 pm
Location: Made in Canada

Post Posted September 26th, 2021, 2:25 pm

Guest posters cannot edit or delete any of their posts made here.

There is a butch account that was registered on and last active same day in November 2003. It has a Yahoo email address in use.

There is no active account that uses ijdjr@* though it could be inactive as member search only searches active accounts. We can find the inactive account if the username is known.

At least two reasons for an account to be inactive. It was deactivated (usually due to spam or requested) or due to the account owner not clicking the activation link in email sent to email used when registering the account.

Butch76
Guest
 

Post Posted September 26th, 2021, 3:30 pm

James wrote:Guest posters cannot edit or delete any of their posts made here.

There is a butch account that was registered on and last active same day in November 2003. It has a Yahoo email address in use.

There is no active account that uses ijdjr@* though it could be inactive as member search only searches active accounts. We can find the inactive account if the username is known.

At least two reasons for an account to be inactive. It was deactivated (usually due to spam or requested) or due to the account owner not clicking the activation link in email sent to email used when registering the account.


Thanks for the reply. I do not understand why this site states my email address is already in use. I don't think the butch in 2003 is from me. I tried yesterday to register
and it was then that I found out about the email address already in use situation. I don't think I had active account here before and my browser doesn't indicated any saved
logons for this site. So, what are my options given my situation? If you do not see any account with my current email address then I wonder why the registration process says
different (in use)? ](*,)

I hope that this can all be sorted and that I can establish an active account.

Thanks for you time. :)

James
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 27832
Joined: June 18th, 2003, 3:07 pm
Location: Made in Canada

Post Posted September 26th, 2021, 4:07 pm

Unfortunately we cannot search the inactive accounts by email, only the active.

If it says the email is in use then it means there is an account on forums.mozillazine.org that was registered with that email address.

Maybe you can search your ATT email in webmail or in email client for any emails from mozillazine.org as perhaps it may mention the username.

Butch76
Guest
 

Post Posted September 26th, 2021, 5:07 pm

James wrote:Unfortunately we cannot search the inactive accounts by email, only the active.

If it says the email is in use then it means there is an account on forums.mozillazine.org that was registered with that email address.

Maybe you can search your ATT email in webmail or in email client for any emails from mozillazine.org as perhaps it may mention the username.



Looks like I am sol on this. I archived my emails back to 2009 and nothing shows with a mozillazine.org. I tried both of my email addresses and both
were shown as being used. Don't have any other email address to register with. I suppose I am the only one that had this issue.
My email accounts don't go back too far for me to search for any data from here.

Oh well. I guess if I need help with FF issues I'll have to google and hope I get lucky. It's sad that something can't be done.,,,.

v_v
 
Posts: 35
Joined: September 18th, 2021, 8:57 am

Post Posted September 27th, 2021, 4:51 am

Butch76,

Doesn't your ATT.net account allow you to set up alias or alternate email addresses? I had att.net many years ago and I vaguely remember that we could use up to five email addresses.

Butch76
Guest
 

Post Posted September 27th, 2021, 10:37 am

v_v wrote:Butch76,

Doesn't your ATT.net account allow you to set up alias or alternate email addresses? I had att.net many years ago and I vaguely remember that we could use up to five email addresses.



I do have a 2nd ATT account but when I use that one to set up an account here it claims that one is in use too.

Saw a few similar posts here and this one has a post by a mod

If you give some indication what the email address is then a Mod can look to see what account is using that email address and tell you what the username is. say " emailname @ domain " should be enough as posting the full email may get picked up by spambots.


Could this not be a fix for me as well?


http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3061946&p=14865128#p14865128

James
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 27832
Joined: June 18th, 2003, 3:07 pm
Location: Made in Canada

Post Posted September 27th, 2021, 11:59 am

Again the mods/admin can only search activated accounts by email address. For inactive accounts we can only look them up by the exact username.

If you give the part of other ATT email before @ then a mod can try and find the account, but only if it was activated since you do not remember the usernames you registered with those ATT emails.

Return to MozillaZine Site Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests